How do I get banned?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Gene

Just happy to be here
I actually just deleted the Todd/Jason spoof accounts and sent very nice emails to the excellent BA's who owned those accounts. As much as we started this site as a safe haven for those who have grown tired of the moderation on BA... I'd like to try and do it without pissing off the bros to the point that I then get banned from BA. I think our forums can coexist peacefully. Ya dig?

But even that didn't get a "ban," per se. I hope those dudes come back and sign up for legit accounts.

I think as long as everyone's having fun, we'll move/lock/delete posts when things cross the line, but warnings/bans are pretty much reserved for people who are huge dicks consistently. In a bad, negative way.

Also, fun fact: You would be AMAZED at how many times that 'report' button has been pressed by our sub-100 users in one day. For legitimate reasons. On the other hand, you would probably NOT be surprised at how many times it has been pressed for illegitimate reasons. :cool:

I actually just deleted the Todd/Jason spoof accounts and sent very nice emails to the excellent BA's who owned those accounts. As much as we started this site as a safe haven for those who have grown tired of the moderation on BA... I'd like to try and do it without pissing off the bros to the point that I then get banned from BA. I think our forums can coexist peacefully. Ya dig?

But even that didn't get a "ban," per se. I hope those dudes come back and sign up for legit accounts.

I think as long as everyone's having fun, we'll move/lock/delete posts when things cross the line, but warnings/bans are pretty much reserved for people who are huge dicks consistently. In a bad, negative way.

Also, fun fact: You would be AMAZED at how many times that 'report' button has been pressed by our sub-100 users in one day. For legitimate reasons. On the other hand, you would probably NOT be surprised at how many times it has been pressed for illegitimate reasons. :cool:
comment reported

Latest posts