Hulu streaming thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Since we have one for the other two providers...

I'm actually not working today and trying to enjoy my weekend. Black-ish is surprisingly enjoyable. Fluff, but enjoyable fluff. It covers some uncomfortable racial topics with humor.

What else is good on here that I should look into? No Legion, alas.

I'm actually not working today and trying to enjoy my weekend. Black-ish is surprisingly enjoyable. Fluff, but enjoyable fluff. It covers some uncomfortable racial topics with humor.

Bob's Burgers obvs.

(Funny you mention Black-ish... my cousin worked on that show (she's now working on the spinoff that's coming this fall))

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
I think I'm caught up with Bob's Burgers from its time on Netflix, but good call.

What does your cousin do?

weird legion was on their a couple months ago, that's where i watched it.

Brooklyn 99 is actually a really good watch, the actors/characters really have a great chemistry that's fun to watch.

anyone upgrade to the tv package? thinking of cutting the cord on cable again and looking for options for sports channels.

Watched some show who's name I forget. From IFC. Something vs evil maybe? Goofy horror in the vein of evil dead. Decently self aware. Older doctor from scrubs. I dug it as mindless entertainment.

"Too Funny to Fail" is the story of the rise and fal of the Dana Carvey Show. I watched it and enjoyed it.

For those of you that don't know, the Dana Carvey Show is way funnier than Dana Carvey. Robert Smigel (Triumph, Conan, SNL) produced it. Head writer was Louis CK. Cast included - and launched - both Stephens Colbert and Carrell. Charlie Kaufman was a part of it too. Show was way ahead of its time, and definitely not suited for 1996 Primetime, and even more inappropriate to follow Home Improvement on the newly Disney-ized ABC. Check it out.

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member
Contributor
"Too Funny to Fail" is the story of the rise and fal of the Dana Carvey Show. I watched it and enjoyed it.

For those of you that don't know, the Dana Carvey Show is way funnier than Dana Carvey. Robert Smigel (Triumph, Conan, SNL) produced it. Head writer was Louis CK. Cast included - and launched - both Stephens Colbert and Carrell. Charlie Kaufman was a part of it too. Show was way ahead of its time, and definitely not suited for 1996 Primetime, and even more inappropriate to follow Home Improvement on the newly Disney-ized ABC. Check it out.
I watched this the other night and really enjoyed it.
I actually LOLed at (paraphrased) "we made millions of people do the exact same thing at the exact same time. Get up and change the channel".

So many good skits that were well ahead of their time. I wilm definitely watch this again.

I watched this the other night and really enjoyed it.
I actually LOLed at (paraphrased) "we made millions of people do the exact same thing at the exact same time. Get up and change the channel".

So many good skits that were well ahead of their time. I wilm definitely watch this again.
I LOL'd at the gym yesterday morning when they showed all the guys they were interviewing the ad for the Very Special Home Improvement "Tuesday at 9, followed by the Diet Mug Root Beer Dana Carvey Show."

Like Hayder says in it, I too recall being in highschool thinking "this is special, and right ip my narrow alley...it will not last." Big humor palate shaper for me, along with Python, MTV's the State, and early Ren & Stimpy. Python aside, everything else all ran into issues with their networks regarding content, interestingly enough.

Latest posts