I thought we had a gin thread....

Help Support Talkbeer:

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

In case we don't have a thread here, what is everyone's favorite gin? And of the smaller distillers (koval or journeyman for example) which produce a tasty gin.

Personally, after drinking some today, Hendricks has to be my clear cut favorite of the few I have had (tanqueray and Bombay) though I have yet to dry anything else.

In the past couple months I've mostly been drinking it straight but have been thinking about doing some g&t actuon, so with that said, what is everyone's favorite tonic?

Cheers

Not familiar with either of the two listed above. How juniper forward is the st George's ?

I like Tanqueray Rangpur for G&T their Malacca for a fancy G&T. For a totally different flavor and a great martini, try Nolet Silver. They use TOTALLY different botanicals and their gin tastes more like rose petals than juniper.

Old Tom from Ransom (pictured below, neat) is really interesting and makes one of my favorite non-traditional gin and tonics. Definitely high on citrus and botanicals, along with a little oak and licorice, and mixes really well. Really smooth with a twist on the normal gin botanicals. That said, Hendricks is always good as well, and I'll usually throw an anise pod in there, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Anchor
Barr Hill
Few
Bathtub/Professor Cornelius
Worshop Street Whistling Shop's Cream Gin

No no no no nonononononono. It's an "Old Fashioned". You can't just go and take out the main ingredient and substitute gin! Then it's just gin and bitters.
I don't have time to argue this point right now, but there's plenty of discussion and wiggle room to be had there.