I thought we had a gin thread....

Help Support Talkbeer:

Need to find koval gin and and journeyman but I picked up a new Amsterdam set because it came with some glasses that I'm geeked about.

And beefeater 24. Anyone have 24?

Need to find koval gin and and journeyman but I picked up a new Amsterdam set because it came with some glasses that I'm geeked about.

I've heard great stuff about the gins st George makes. Those will be my next buys after a new bottle of Barr hill

Last edited:

For the price, New Amsterdam is really hard to beat. Especially with a few free glasses.

Barrel Aged Knickerbocker is very similar to Ransom Old Tom Gin, and very enjoyable. Minimal barrel character, which I'm guessing is ex Beer Barrel bourbon barrels possibly? Who knows how many times New Holland are using their barrels. It's good tho.

I fux with Plymouth, Rangpur, and Hendricks...typically in that order. New Amsterdam used to be my go to in my college days.

Need to try some Old Tom & Bar Hill though.

This forum needs more gin drinkers. Having some straight St. George Terroir and it’s amazing – at $30/bottle, it’s a steal.
i saw this at a store and the owner was talking it up. may have to pull the trigger after i finish my plymouth. also, there are no gin drinkers right now because soooooome of us have winters where we hole up and drink whiskey while praying for the sun to come out.

Agreed cneville. With 24 inches of snow coming in the next 24 hours this gin thread has never appealed to me less. See you guys for new recommendations in June!

I'm a fanboy of New Amsterdam for making dirty martinis. $10 a bottle at the grocery store. pretty hard to beat.

Had journeyman gin today in a g&t. I think that would be a glorious gin by itself
I was at a wedding where the reception was at Journeyman. Everyone ended up drinking all the allotted rye, so toward the end I was ordering shots of their gin(chilled though). I liked it a lot by itself. Was drunk, but it was damn good.

Canis

+1 to Barr Hill....stuff is amazing. Blue Gin by Hans Reisetbauer is sick good for something on the dryer side. Reisetbauer is an incredible distiller and makes what is likely the grestest eau de vie in the world. He also makes some pretty cool whiskey.

Barr hill is my fucking jam.
Seriously, I don't fuck with other gins. I'm sure there's some that are on the same level but they probably cost the same and I'd need to ship them out here.

Gimme dat gin and Tom Cat all fuckin day
This. Tom Cat over ice.

Also the wax on the regular Barr Hill smells exactly like the Ann wax. #chubby

Been on a gin kick lately myself. Local distiller Big Bottom rolled out their "Oregon Gin" and I thought it worthy of buying a bottle. Future bottling plans include a cask strength Old Tom version currently sitting in emptied whiskey barrels I'm told. Going to have to try some of that for sure.

Latest posts