I thought we had a gin thread....

Help Support Talkbeer:

New Amsterdam is a constant have since it's so cheap, plus I find it has a strong vanilla flavor that mixes well with certain drinks. Tanqueray is my typical go-to, and Bombay Sapphire when in the mood for a martini.

My SO got me ingredients, vodka, and fancy bottles for making my own gin. Not as authentic as distilling the botanicals, but the steeping method produced some pretty decent results for my first attempt. Anyone else try this?

This forum needs more gin drinkers. Having some straight St. George Terroir and it’s amazing – at $30/bottle, it’s a steal.
$45 here :(. I still love it though, Botanivore and Terroir are pretty much the only gins I buy.

http://m.csindy.com/coloradosprings/springs-spirits-lee-spirits-co/Content?oid=2996668

"LSC currently uses corn and wheat for its base distillate...They finally settled on juniper, cardamom, coriander, orange peel, lemon peel, angelica and orris root."

I get a lot of cardamom and some sweetness from the citrus. Juniper is definitely there in the nose but less on the palate. Not sure what orris root tastes like but it has a nice spice complexity behind the initial waves of flavor.

Latest posts