I thought we had a gin thread....

Help Support Talkbeer:

We have a bunch of good local gin, if anyone wants to try Vikre, Norseman, Tattersall, L'etoile, Far North....would trade. Far North and Vikre are the best I've had fron here.

No no no no nonononononono. It's an "Old Fashioned". You can't just go and take out the main ingredient and substitute gin! Then it's just gin and bitters.
Actually you can do that. An old fashioned does not have to have whiskey although that is the alcohol of choice most of the time now. An old fashioned only refers to a style of drink in which some bitters, water and sugar are added to an alcohol. Over time whiskey and then bourbon came to be the alcohol most commonly used. When first being developed other alcohols were used such as gin. Although recent tradition dictates we now used rye or bourbon there is no reason not to use gin. It would pick up the muddled orange beautifully and has the potential to be a great drink.

not barrel aged, necroposter.
A BA negroni could be pretty great, Ive got to try that. I had a negroni the other day with orange bitters and a flamed orange peel. Honestly the best negroni I have ever had. It picked up the citrus flavors beautifully and was just amazingly balanced.

We have a bunch of good local gin, if anyone wants to try Vikre, Norseman, Tattersall, L'etoile, Far North....would trade. Far North and Vikre are the best I've had fron here.
I would deffinitly trade local gin for local gin/alcohols. We have thistle finch and bluecoat which both do great gins.

I would deffinitly trade local gin for local gin/alcohols. We have thistle finch and bluecoat which both do great gins.
Shoot me a PM if you want to trade. More interested in beer though, but I might want to get some gins for my girlfriend in the future. Not a huge gin guy myself but since we produce so many good local gins I thought I'd throw out the offer. Not looking for wales by any means, just good locals and/or common semi-limited/seasonal stuff.

Latest posts