Quantcast

Bug Report Images not posting

Help Support Talkbeer:

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
No sorry. Once he pointed it out I could see the difference between mobile and MacOS, but not sure what causes it.
MacOS proprietary software? I know they don’t like to be open and allow others to expand it much.

MacOS proprietary software? I know they don’t like to be open and allow others to expand it much.
When you use Instagram on iPad do the impages load fully?

Chrome or Safari?

Does the click to expand link appear if the image half loads or only on replies?

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I’m seeing no difference on Ipad with the
Safari. Or Chrome. I’ve been switching back and forth between both of those on ipad and my win10 /Chrome laptop. They all act the same.

Imgur embedding issue seems to be back for me. I'm on Chrome on Windows 7. It only affects Imgur embeds (i.e. when folks click the two film strip icon, not the picture icon) - shows a single thin bar on the lefthand side of the screen and nothing else. If I refresh the page, the image will render, but only if it's visible at the time of refresh. Other Imgur embeds on the page will not render. Seems likely it's some kind of delayed DOM thingie where non-visible things aren't being considered.

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
Imgur embedding issue seems to be back for me. I'm on Chrome on Windows 7. It only affects Imgur embeds (i.e. when folks click the two film strip icon, not the picture icon) - shows a single thin bar on the lefthand side of the screen and nothing else. If I refresh the page, the image will render, but only if it's visible at the time of refresh. Other Imgur embeds on the page will not render. Seems likely it's some kind of delayed DOM thingie where non-visible things aren't being considered.
Has anything updated since you last looked at the Imgur embeds? Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
lurchingbeast did you just put the link to that in the message body? I know that with YouTube you can do that.

BadJustin so with you it's just a slightly different category of attachment.

lurchingbeast did you just put the link to that in the message body? I know that with YouTube you can do that.

BadJustin so with you it's just a slightly different category of attachment.
No, I used the IMG tag.

So when you upload an image to Imgur, it spits out a web page with the image posted. right click and open the image in a new tab. Use THAT link to post as an image here.

You could also click the down arrow on the image when you first upload it and click 'get share links' and copy/paste the BBCode (forums) and then paste that directly without using the Xenforo image tools.

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
No, I used the IMG tag.

So when you upload an image to Imgur, it spits out a web page with the image posted. right click and open the image in a new tab. Use THAT link to post as an image here.

You could also click the down arrow on the image when you first upload it and click 'get share links' and copy/paste the BBCode (forums) and then paste that directly without using the Xenforo image tools.
Thanks lurchingbeast, nathanmiller can you try this and see how it works for you?

Do you see the direct links posted as images? Example:

Yup these work every time and perfectly. And this is always how I post. But that wasn't my issue. My issue is everyone else. That's why I said this:

It only affects Imgur embeds (i.e. when folks click the two film strip icon, not the picture icon)

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
Well yes I fully agree and have always felt this way but until everyone else figures that out I'd love to be able to see their pictures.
Can you give me a link to a thread with those images you cannot see? It will give me something to directly check out.

The fuck should I use ninja?
No, I used the IMG tag.

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
I'll check more, but what is your phone? I want to see that thread on similar method.
And you're Win 7 and Chrome, right? I may have to pull out an older laptop to see if it still has 7 on it, so I can try set up as you are. The versions do make a difference.