Imports in Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

importgirl

Reaction score
I just moved from New York and have been realizing how anti-import Michigan stores and bars are. Someone told me it's because there was such an economic downfall that people are now trying to build the economy back up by supporting local breweries (which I'm totally supportive of) but it seems like a lot of places aren't even willing to give lesser known imports a shot. Luckily I've found some great Swiss and Belgian imports in SE Michigan (Appenzeller, La Rulles, Kerkom, Den Hopperd) but I was wondering where I should be looking for more?

Not sure it has anything to do with downturn in the economy.
MI is a pretty loyal state and with a tonne of breweries there is little reason to bring in some of the lesser known imports.

But I have seen La Rulles on a couple shelves.

What county do you live in? Certain stores carry more imports than others. Maybe someone in your county knows of a good store to buy some imports.

What county do you live in? Certain stores carry more imports than others. Maybe someone in your county knows of a good store to buy some imports.
I live in Washtenaw but travel a lot for work and have seen those small Swiss and Belgian breweries' beers all over Southern MI which is a nice treat. I've found a lot of great stores already through friends in the area, but I'm open to all suggestions!

Back