In PDX/Eugene/etc. starting Turkey Day, let's drink.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm coming back out to Oregon for a week starting on Thanksgiving. I'll be in Eugene probably Monday-Wednesday (giving a colloquium talk at the University of Oregon on Tuesday), and before that probably bouncing between Portland and Mt. Hood (climb at night/in the morning, head back to Portland for beers in the afternoon). I've already been in touch with box_social about meeting up, if any other Portland TBers (Shmeal , others) are interested just let me know.

-If anyone wants to drink the night of Thanksgiving, I land at PDX at 7pm and haven't found anything that's open. If you know of anywhere, I'd love to hear it. I'm also happy to bring out some bottles and share some stuff if someone has a venue.

-Apparently Belmont Station is pouring verticals of Abyss on Black Friday, I'd love to hit that up as well as some combo of HotD, Cascade, and other places. Same goes for Saturday. The same comment about a bottle share applies for these days as well.

This is all assuming I don't fall into a crevasse on the Reid Glacier and get killed or something, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Oh, if anyone wants to climb the South Side route on Mt. Hood (aka the easy one with none of that crevasse danger I just mentioned), I'd be happy to do that with you too. Hit me up if you want to drink some beers, cheers guys!

I'll be back in town around 2pm on Friday, so can probably fit in some drinking over the weekend.

Best of luck with Hood; I know a bunch of people who have summited in the last couple days, seems like pretty good early season conditions up there.

Oh, and I believe Roscoes and Beermongers will both be open on Thanksgiving.

I'll be around all weekend. box_social gave me the heads up about you. I don't really have any plans other than a few house parties on Thanksgiving day and Pearl Jam on Friday evening, so I'm up for whatever.

BeerMongers is about a 3 minute bike ride from my house, so I could probably swing down there later on in the evening on Thursday for starters.

I'll be around all weekend. box_social gave me the heads up about you. I don't really have any plans other than a few house parties on Thanksgiving day and Pearl Jam on Friday evening, so I'm up for whatever.

BeerMongers is about a 3 minute bike ride from my house, so I could probably swing down there later on in the evening on Thursday for starters.

That sounds awesome! I land in PDX at 7pm (assuming no delays) so I could probably be there by 8pm or so after picking up the rental car, etc. I'd definitely be interested in doing something later that weekend too.

When your around in Eugene you should come down to the Oakshire Public House. If you can make it down Tuesday night around six there is a release of a bourbon imperial stout. Would definitely like to buy a fellow tb'er a beer. If you cant make it there tuesday lets grab a beer sometime else while your here. Shoot me a message. Prost man!

-Dan

When your around in Eugene you should come down to the Oakshire Public House. If you can make it down Tuesday night around six there is a release of a bourbon imperial stout. Would definitely like to buy a fellow tb'er a beer. If you cant make it there tuesday lets grab a beer sometime else while your here. Shoot me a message. Prost man!

-Dan

Hey Dan, sounds great! Whether I can make it Tuesday at 6 May friend on if we have a group dinner after the colloquium I'm speaking in, but I should definitely be able to make it over eventually. At any rate we should grab drinks at some point, I'll let you know when I get Eugene. Cheers!

I'm picking up my rental car now, should be there by 8:30.

Hey Dan, sounds great! Whether I can make it Tuesday at 6 May friend on if we have a group dinner after the colloquium I'm speaking in, but I should definitely be able to make it over eventually. At any rate we should grab drinks at some point, I'll let you know when I get Eugene. Cheers!
Sounds great. let me know. Prost!

Just wanted to drop in and give a huge thanks to everyone in Oregon who made this last trip out there really special: teddyarrowhead , box_social , Shmeal , brewsobrewco , degardebrewing , and anyone else who isn't on here (or who is but who's username I don't know) who was a part of the fun. It was great meeting you on in person and sharing some awesome beers, and I was yet again blown away by the generosity of the community we have here. This trip was interesting in that usually when I come back to Oregon it's mostly about hanging out with old friends, but this one ended up being more about meeting and spending time with new ones, which was awesome.

It was good drinking with you man! I'm still waiting to hear your feedback from De Garde though. I'll make sure to tell Trevor how much you hated the place.

I'm about to post that in the De Garde thread. The TL;DR version: drink their beer. ;)

It was good drinking with you man! I'm still waiting to hear your feedback from De Garde though. I'll make sure to tell Trevor how much you hated the place.

We're the worst.
:(

Edit: that Damon... Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Best dinner ever!

Back