Inaugural TB NYC Brewery Crawl: 2/24/18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 312341

Reaction score
Ahoy hoy!

The first ever TB NYC Brewery Crawl will take place on Saturday, February 24, 2018.

Since we know this may take some organization and people's schedules fill quickly, we're letting you know now so you can plan accordingly!

Based on responses and feedback, we will plan to hit the following breweries (subject to change depending on group size, accommodations, can releases, etc):
  • Fifth Hammer
  • LIC
  • Interboro
  • KCBC
  • Greenpoint
  • Threes (paging nathanmiller)
  • Folksbier
We will potentially start at Haymaker around 11AM and work our way to Queens and Brooklyn, with a final stop back in the city at One Mile House that evening (in b4 "I wonder why")

Edit: The crawl will start with the meeting at Haymaker around 11 am and conclude at OMH that evening.

We will plan to spend about 1-2 hours at each spot; travel time will also be added to the final itinerary.

In order for us to plan accordingly, I ask that you please fill out this RSVP form.

https://goo.gl/forms/xp8xRHXOego37t982

If you have any questions, please PM me (or text if you are so able/inclined).

Looking forward to a day out and about with everyone!

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, forgot to edit in time... The crawl will start with the meeting at Haymaker around 11 am and conclude at OMH that evening.

We will plan to spend about 1-2 hours at each spot; travel time will also be added to the final itinerary.

Gene, if you could add this to the original post, it would be much appreciated! :)

Significant others or beer friends that are not members on this site or is this closed to only talkbeer members? Do you have to RSVP or is it a pub crawl where you just show up at any point along the way? Thanks

In order for us to plan accordingly, I ask that you please fill out this RSVP form.

https://goo.gl/forms/xp8xRHXOego37t982

Plus ones are fine.

As this is a TalkBeer crawl, I would currently say no to plus more-than-ones, as we want to ensure we have room for as many TalkBeer users as possible.

I only say this because some of the places we plan to visit (please refer to the original post) are quite small. Once we have a more definitive head count, I can let you know if more people can be accommodated. Obviously if you were planning to come with a group of ten, that would complicate things. As the plans come together, I will post any changes, as well as a final itinerary, here.

Of course you would be more than welcome to come and go as you please; getting a rough estimate of numbers is most important though for the reasons stated above.

Plus ones are fine.

As this is a TalkBeer crawl, I would currently say no to plus more-than-ones, as we want to ensure we have room for as many TalkBeer users as possible.

I only say this because some of the places we plan to visit (please refer to the original post) are quite small. Once we have a more definitive head count, I can let you know if more people can be accommodated. Obviously if you were planning to come with a group of ten, that would complicate things. As the plans come together, I will post any changes, as well as a final itinerary, here.

Of course you would be more than welcome to come and go as you please; getting a rough estimate of numbers is most important though for the reasons stated above.

Thanks.

Plus ones are fine.

we'll probably want an estimated headcount, right?

I think there's gonna be quite a few sleepy/rowdy drunks. This is gonna be a looooooooooooooong day. Curious to see who can pace themselves. I hope I can make it

You hope? This is why I am telling you now, you clod! :D

Don't forget stabby drunks. Not that I'd fall into that category or anything.
I survived game night and have survived many ******** shares. I am ready for anything. Bring it on.

Also probably would look bad if the organizer didn't make it through her own crawl. #2018Goals

Will markgugs be coming?

Actual LOL.

You hope? This is why I am telling you now, you clod! :D

Don't forget stabby drunks. Not that I'd fall into that category or anything.
I survived game night and have survived many ******** shares. I am ready for anything. Bring it on.

Also probably would look bad if the organizer didn't make it through her own crawl. #2018Goals

Actual LOL.

Wife's birthday is the week before, she'll be fairly pregnant by that point, and we're taking a vacation around that time. I'll be trying my best not to plan it that weekend and get the OK to go, but I won't know until much closer

Back