Introducing CellarTracker.org (Beta)

Help Support Talkbeer:

We have been up and running for a while now, so it's time to officially announce that we are out of Beta Testing.

This really doesn't mean anything other than we are happy with the way the application is running, and we consider it stable.

We have also just added a few new features for this release.

First, we have added 3 new fields: Original Price, Valuation, and Insurance Value.

These fields are available for you to enter whatever you like in them. The application does NOT have a magical way to grab this valuation data for you. (If anyone knows an API interface to beerblackbook, please let me know.)

Second, because you may not ever want to use these fields, we have added a way for you to simplify your item detail form by hiding unused fields. Just Edit your Cellar Details, select the fields you want to hide, and click save. Some fields are required, and are not available for hiding.

Finally, along with these fields, we have added some new reporting features, so you can see a total cost or value of your cellar.
If you want the application to show you a report listing all of your bottles and their total insurance value (quantity multiplied by your estimated insurance value), follow these steps:

1. Make a view of type "Report View"
2. Add the "Insurance Value Total" field (as opposed to the "Insurance Value" field).
3. Change this field to have a "Sum" function.
4. If you have the "Quantity" field in your report, make sure it also has "Sum" function
3. Change all of the other fields to "Is Category" of Yes.

Every time I mess with any of my gueuzes, I get this error: "Please select a Style from those listed." I think it's because there's a space after Gueuze in the style name?

Ah I shoulda included that to begin with. I'm an idiot. Clearly a few days away from work has me no longer thinking like a developer...

Anyway it's BJCP 2015.
And you were exactly right, that extra space was the problem. It should be fixed now, along with 3 other styles that might have had this problem.

Thanks for reporting this problem!

I'm getting this message when I try to use the "forgot password" link that was emailed to me:

"This form post did not pass our security checks."
We reset your password manually yesterday as a stop gap measure, and today I debugged the password reset form. The "Forgot Password" functionality should be working again for everybody. Thanks again for letting us know about this issue!

Some of you may have noticed a change to the home screen over the last few days. We have implemented a new search feature that will not just search your cellar(s), but also our entire core database of beverages.

This is to both give users access to a greater database of existing entries to help with type-ahead and barcode scanning, but to also help normalize entries in the database when users enter or upload cellar data for the same product in a number of different ways (i.e. 3 Floyds, Three Floyds, a misspelled entry, etc). This will allow for the system to collect known aliases based on user preferences and to place certain entries which may not be accurate into a holding bin for review.

Users will have the option to help provide input to the database to promote accurate entries over inaccurate entries. If you are worried about the integrity of your own data, have no fear, this will be monitored by trusted administrators to ensure that information is not compromised. This update will help us keep our data clean as more and more users import existing cellars, but also provides a good foundation for future updates. As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.

We are happy to announce another upgrade quickly on the heels of the last one!

This time, it's Tags.

You may now Tag an entry with specific keywords, and then create views that only show items that contain those keywords. You are also able to show the Tags as a column in the view.

A great use of this feature would be to tag items that are ForTrade, and then show only those items that are ForTrade in a view. That way you can show people what you've got available for a trade without showing them your entire cellar.

For step by step instructions on how to set this up, check out the FAQ at this link.

We have just released the next big feature for HaveYouSeenMyCellar: Ratings
You can now use the application to share your thoughts about any item in the database!

To Rate an item in your cellar, just navigate to your Item's Location page, and click the Rating tab. You can see the current Overall Average and Total Ratings from here.

You can also Rate any item that the software knows about. Find the item through the main Search interface, or via the Explore button. Once you are on the item page, click the "Rate this item" button.

When you are rating an item, enter numeric values on a 10 point scale for Aroma, Appearance, Flavor, Mouthfeel, and Overall Impression, or select your rating via a sliding scale. You can then expound upon that numeric value with a description if you like.

The application will average all of the first 4 attributes (Aroma, Appearance, Flavor, Mouthfeel) for you and calculate an Overall Impression, but feel free to override that value.

If this much detail isn't to your liking, just skip it. The only required field on this page is the Overall Impression numeric value.

Once you are ready, just Save your rating. At this point, if you have an Untappd account, we can automatically checkin this beer/mead/cider for you.

To see the Ratings, just click "Ratings" on the application home page, select item type (Beer/Mead/Cider, Glassware, Spirit, or Wine), and one of the Ratings Views (My Ratings, User Ratings, New Ratings, Top Rated).

In the Top Rated view, you can see the items with the highest ratings on the site.
In the other views, you can see the individual ratings, and click the plus key to see the detailed reviews.

In order to improve rating integrity, we have implemented a couple of unique features.

We have established an initial baseline rating for as many items in our database as possible through sophisticated deep web searching techniques. These ratings are under the username of TickerBot.

Additionally, ratings can be upvoted and downvoted accordingly by registered users, just click the plus key on an individual rating, and then click Upvote if you agree with the rating, or Downvote if you disagree.

For our current users, a new view has been added to your cellar. It's is called "By Rating", and lists everything in your cellar according to the item's averaged rating. This column is also available to be added to your other cellar views.

Finally, we'd like to give a big Thank You! to MeadMe for his help testing and providing data!

We have upgraded the Barcode Scanning functionality! Now, you should be able to scan Barcodes when they are aligned vertically (as well as horizontally)!

This new functionality is enabled by default.

If the new code doesn't work as well for you, just go to your account preferences, and change your "Barcode Scan Method" to the "Old Method", and the previous functionality will be available.
Has anyone tried using a scanner and have it work? The one I had from a friend was wireless and I couldn't get it to populate the field.

Has anyone tried using a scanner and have it work? The one I had from a friend was wireless and I couldn't get it to populate the field.
The scanner is designed to work with the camera on your phone. I am not sure if anyone has gotten it to work with an actual barcode scanner. That being said, it’s only as good as the barcode data in brewerydb. I find the type-ahead much less of a hassle to use over the scanner method.

Latest posts