Iowa Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlecaps80

Reaction score
Anybody else from Iowa on here? Post Iowa beer news, info, whatever in here!

Peace Tree Templeton Red bottles just hit shelves in Des Moines today. Red Rambler aged 12 months in Templeton Rye barrels. Picked up 2 today for $9.99/bomber. Hoping the barrel treatment does it justice, but willing to take the chance at that price!

apparently TG tweeted that Assassin will be released Mem Day weekend...didn't see that posted anywhere else on TB

apparently TG tweeted that Assassin will be released Mem Day weekend...didn't see that posted anywhere else on TB
So they hinted. Can't expect this to be much of a secret. It'll be madness, as have been most events everywhere over the last few years. But for brew that good we'll keep doing them anyway.

TG beer alert! Assassin 2014 release is all going to distribution. We will post the details online tonight.

The "Mug Club" is guaranteed 1 bottle, the rest will apparently go to distro. I suspect they will also hold some back for sale at the tap room. This is essentially what happened last year, though a smaller amount went to distro.

Just posted:

Soon, our barrels of Assassin (our barrel aged imperial stout) will be ready to be blended and bottled. We had been planning on having a brewery only release at our taproom brewery, but have decided against it. As those of you know that have visited us, our taproom is quite small and has very limited parking. Although we have offered all we can, we have been unable to secure any additional parking for this years event. That fact, coupled with the number of our loyal fans that make the trek, have left us with the tough decisions of deciding against a release. Not wanting to let you down is the main reason we are doing this. We have decided that when the time comes and the beer is in bottles, most of it will be released to distribution. This will undoubtedly disappoint some local people, so we are going to offer all mug club members the chance to purchase one bottle each, at cost. The details of this will be emailed to all members after we bottle it. Also, to pay back all the loyal locals who come in on a daily basis, I will from time to time just bring a case over with out announcement and it will be for sale at cost while supplies last. Who knows, maybe even a keg or two will show up too!

This years Assassin could be one of our best. The barrels Mike was able to acquire are yielding very exciting flavors and a smoothness in the body that helps carry these flavors to your senses when sipping the treasure.

As far as Kentucky Brunch Gold Label and Mornin’ Delight, we have not decided what to do. Although we want to see all of you in person for a release, we may have grown too large for our current location. Mike is guessing we may yield 200 -400 bottles of Kentucky Brunch Gold.

Our long term goal is to have releases at our new brewery, which is better suited for parking, music, bottle share, etc. Hopefully we will be ready for that in 2015.

Thanks again for supporting us and our endeavors to please you with our creations. Making great beer and providing you with the best possible experience when you visit is our driving force! -Clark, Barb and Mike

I have heard some VERY, VERY good things about TG. Would love to get my west coast hands on some of that stuff. Thanks for the update BTW.

Anyone get Naughty Temple? Can't believe they were selling it by the case.

Really????? You brought that here? Like I said there - ALL of us that were trading them away were "selling" them for more than we paid. Beer is for sale daily, and lots of people here and there are more than happy to pay to play.
Ehh....chasing a recent release and then flipping for profit? Not cool.

Ehh....chasing a recent release and then flipping for profit? Not cool.
Why??? Please be specific in your examples. I wasn't willing to waste my time driving to TG when I knew they were selling them 6 at a time. You can bet your ass I would have sold some though.

Why??? Please be specific in your examples. I wasn't willing to waste my time driving to TG when I knew they were selling them 6 at a time. You can bet your ass I would have sold some though.
...because other people want them, and you're scooping up their allotments for profit? TG doesn't like it and neither do most drinkers.

TG doesn't like it and neither do most drinkers.
If TG didn't want the beer traded or sold, only enjoyed, they wouldn't sell 6 at a time, after they knowingly shorted the distro. Less than half the production went to distro, AFTER Clark said it all would go, minus the Mug Club allotment. All they care about is the hype.

If TG didn't want the beer traded or sold, only enjoyed, they wouldn't sell 6 at a time, after they knowingly shorted the distro. Less than half the production went to distro, AFTER Clark said it all would go, minus the Mug Club allotment. All they care about is the hype.
I didn't say anything about trading. Trading is one thing, scalping for profit is another.

And you really think selling it at the taproom, only to locals and people "in the know" was only done to feed the hype?

Str8 BA homie.

#1- realistically, trading and selling are identical. The only difference is the type of currency.
#2 - Everyone knew it was for sale at the tap room.
#3 - why would they send out 1 case of sosus, 1 case of KS to each bottle account if not to generate hype? they knew exactly what was going to happen. Even the delivery guy thought it was a waste of time to deliver it. Clark is a master of Marketing.

#1- realistically, trading and selling are identical. The only difference is the type of currency.
#2 - Everyone knew it was for sale at the tap room.
#3 - why would they send out 1 case of sosus, 1 case of KS to each bottle account if not to generate hype? they knew exactly what was going to happen. Even the delivery guy thought it was a waste of time to deliver it. Clark is a master of Marketing.

Master of creating hype and a clueless wonder on twitter.

If this isn't the right place to ask, I'll leave IMMEDIATELY!!

Driving from Chicago to Cedar Falls, IA and back next weekend. Any must hit bottle shops around there, or on the way? Mainly looking for some TG goodness.

If this isn't the right place to ask, I'll leave IMMEDIATELY!!

Driving from Chicago to Cedar Falls, IA and back next weekend. Any must hit bottle shops around there, or on the way? Mainly looking for some TG goodness.
John's Grocery is Iowa City has a HUGE craft selection.

I think I'm going to be taking the northern route along 20. Almost 40 miles shorter for me. Anything good in Dubuque or Waterloo?
There really isn't anything exciting in Dubuque, especially if you want to just hit up a bottle shop on your way through town. TG doesn't distro here. I go over to Illinois or Wisconsin to get most of my beer. John's in Iowa City is out of the way, but has a great selection.

Back