Liquor IP NYC Feb 26 - Mar 6 FT: Lot B ISO: Sours/Stouts

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hey All,

Been out of the game for a few years but am coming out to NYC and want to get a special beer (or two) to share with some friends.

I don't really know what has come out recently, or what the values on the new things are, but I have a bottle of Van Winkle Lot B (I think it's 2017, but can check when I get home) to trade and I'm just looking to do something fair. I know most people here aren't looking to take advantage of anyone so I trust your judgement on what's reasonable

Here are some random bottles I'd be interested in. Just looking for the most recent or cheapest batch if there are multiple batches. Please let me know if I'm off base with anything listed below.

Need to make the trade happen IP in NYC while I'm out there Feb 26 - Mar 6

Sours
- HF Samuel
- HF Art
- HF Art Plum
- HF Clover
- Cantillon Zenne y Frontera
- SdF Pinot
- similar...

Stouts
- BAIGCC
- Marshmallow Handjee
- FVM 2016
- similar...

BadJustin

Staff member
Contributor
ok, I will be nice since you asked.

You are off. Some are wayyyy off.

First and foremost none of your "sours" are sours per se. Lots of saison and lambic but that is just semantics I suppose.

SdF Pinot and Clover (big maybe) are really your only two options with a Lot B.

I din't fuck with the diabeetus stouts so I will defer to someone else.

The other bottles you listed:

Samuel- that is all over the map and more have went for a Lot b ++

Art: No for a Lot b

Art Plum (onsite and Collected Works members only) so also a no.

Drie Frontienen produces Zenne not Cantillon

Also, SdF Pinot is excellent. Clover maybe a big stretch as I mentioned. May have better luck shooting for like HF Stout package some killer ones released as of late.

ok, I will be nice since you asked.

You are off. Some are wayyyy off.

First and foremost none of your "sours" are sours per se. Lots of saison and lambic but that is just semantics I suppose.

SdF Pinot and Clover (big maybe) are really your only two options with a Lot B.

I din't fuck with the diabeetus stouts so I will defer to someone else.

The other bottles you listed:

Samuel- that is all over the map and more have went for a Lot b ++

Art: No for a Lot b

Art Plum (onsite and Collected Works members only) so also a no.

Drie Frontienen produces Zenne not Cantillon

Also, SdF Pinot is excellent. Clover maybe a big stretch as I mentioned. May have better luck shooting for like HF Stout package some killer ones released as of late.
Cool, thanks for the helpful reply! Really appreciate it.

Well, I guess I'll be leaning heavily on the "similar" bullet then! :)

Like I said, I really don't know what any values are, don't have a facebook (where I know a lot of the value discussion happens), and didn't see many Lot Bs listed on the first two pages of this forum, so I'm having a hard time putting anything solid together. I really just want a good beer (or two lesser ones) to bring to a share where people are going to be bringing nicer bottles and this is the only thing I have that can contribute.

You're right, there was a lambic on the list, so I'll narrow it and just say in general I prefer wine BA saisons over lambic, and I drink a lot of SARA so I figured I'd go for something from HF but am open to other good, similar beers. Looking through the recent posts, however, I saw someone looking for a Magic Lambic for a GTS, and looked that up and it sounds interesting, so I guess for lambic I'd be open to that one for the Lot B (I'm assuming GTS and Lot B are still relatively similarly valued?)

As for the value of the stouts I'm just going off of what I believe were similar values last time I checked ~18 months ago...

Last edited:

steimie

Premium Athletic Supporter
Cool, thanks for the helpful reply! Really appreciate it.

Well, I guess I'll be leaning heavily on the "similar" bullet then! :)

Like I said, I really don't know what any values are, don't have a facebook (where I know a lot of the value discussion happens), and didn't see many Lot Bs listed on the first two pages of this forum, so I'm having a hard time putting anything solid together. I really just want a good beer (or two lesser ones) to bring to a share where people are going to be bringing nicer bottles and this is the only thing I have that can contribute.
Sounds like a crazy party!!

Latest posts