Is Fantome "back"?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Still waiting to read your later thoughts. I was contemplating putting up a trade request to unload a bunch of beer from my cellar in exchange for a couple shelf tomers - this being one of them
My opinion is pretty worthless, I was hoping other would open bottles so I could steak their thoughts and reviews, but for what it is worth I bought a couple more bottles on Monday and will stick they away for a while to see what happens. I would never have known it was 10%, it drank much easier than that. I finished the bottle in about 30 minutes at the most, not a lot of funk or sourness, as ChairmanHoltz said flavour was pretty dialed down. Like Artist #1 I was not blown away by it, but do look forward to revisiting down the road.

I wonder if Dany now having an assistant is freeing him up to do more or if it's renewed interest and Shelton wanting more beer? Fantome seems on a real uptick lately. The beer has been very good. I've seen some on draft various places( of course none by me) Now they have these beautiful caps. We have to start telling people the tire fire days are back or else this could get out of hand.

I wonder if Dany now having an assistant is freeing him up to do more or if it's renewed interest and Shelton wanting more beer? Fantome seems on a real uptick lately. The beer has been very good. I've seen some on draft various places( of course none by me) Now they have these beautiful caps. We have to start telling people the tire fire days are back or else this could get out of hand.
I think, in general, saison appreciation is on the uprise across the board as folks start to realize that saisons can be amazing without being sour or barrel aged. Once someone gets bitten by the saison bug, its not long until they learn about Fantome and realize you dont know shit about saisons until you have been tome'd.

But...the other things you mentioned could very well be a part of it as well. The biggest thing I see changed recently has been the regular social media presence as well Dany specifically sending some beers/batches exclusively to the USA. The draft thing isnt anything new, it has come and gone before but very sporatically and seemingly without rhyme or reason. With the way social media is today some of the mystery has been removed.

Love seeing all the fantome recently but never around my parts. I don't really see it in PA or NY. On my recent trip to VT and ME I was seeing bottles all over. Picked up desert ghost and dark forest ghost. Any thoughts on these recent bottles? I've had a bunch of fantomes and they are all over the board. I also have a couple bottles of hiver and noel that I honestly have no idea how old they are (possibly around 8 years), this winter may be the time to check them out.

Love seeing all the fantome recently but never around my parts. I don't really see it in PA or NY. On my recent trip to VT and ME I was seeing bottles all over. Picked up desert ghost and dark forest ghost. Any thoughts on these recent bottles? I've had a bunch of fantomes and they are all over the board. I also have a couple bottles of hiver and noel that I honestly have no idea how old they are (possibly around 8 years), this winter may be the time to check them out.
Dusty tomes are the best!

Just picked up some la dalmatienne from about 8 years ago.

I want to like this post but im having a hard time doing so.
So many love/hate discriptors thrown atop a beer that I do not have enjoyable history with.
It's pretty fantastic in my opinion. Definitely getting lots of over ripe peach and funk. Shouldn't have said Peach-o because it's not an articifial type flavor. It's nice and light on the tongue and not overly sweet or malty tasting. Light caramelized malt and sticky Peach and some mild tartness. If the most recent Pissenlit tickles your fancy you'd dig these.

Edit: little black peppery tingle on the exhale after swallow. I am in love with this and a 750ml doesn't have me getting too spooky since it's "4.7%".

Last edited:
It's pretty fantastic in my opinion. Definitely getting lots of over ripe peach and funk. Shouldn't have said Peach-o because it's not an articifial type flavor. It's nice and light on the tongue and not overly sweet or malty tasting. Light caramelized malt and sticky Peach and some mild tartness. If the most recent Pissenlit tickles your fancy you'd dig these.
Wishing I lived in a state where all these tomes are just hanging out on shelves for less than 20 bones a pop
dark white
artist 2
desert ghost
everything else other than noel/pissenlit/printemps

Wishing I lived in a state where all these tomes are just hanging out on shelves for less than 20 bones a pop
dark white
artist 2
desert ghost
everything else other than noel/pissenlit/printemps
I have them all in stock for around $12 with my discount. Lots of trades/shipping in the works lmk if you want to do a little something something. I have Pissenlit, Saison and Dark White at the moment.

Latest posts