Is Fantome "back"?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Coffee Ruby was easily the worst Fantome I've ever had. Just tasted like really bitter stale extremely over roasted coffee. I wouldn't be surprised if there were good bottles of it out there since that's the fantome way. I just find it hard to believe any good qualities Fantome is known for could come through the Dark bitter burt flavors in it.

Coffee Ruby was easily the worst Fantome I've ever had. Just tasted like really bitter stale extremely over roasted coffee. I wouldn't be surprised if there were good bottles of it out there since that's the fantome way. I just find it hard to believe any good qualities Fantome is known for could come through the Dark bitter burt flavors in it.
US or Belgian bottles? Original or Coffee Ruby Dark? The first bottles of Coffee Ruby I got from Etre were great, the dark not as good, but still nice. Didn't try any of the US releases though.

US or Belgian bottles? Original or Coffee Ruby Dark? The first bottles of Coffee Ruby I got from Etre were great, the dark not as good, but still nice. Didn't try any of the US releases though.
I've had both versions Original was from Belgium Dark was US off a shelf. Tasted the same to me. I've had lots of people tell me it's good though. Tome Roulette

I just opened one the other day, it was excellent tons of cherry and caramel, a bit of roast, not stale or acrid. Coffee was present but nowhere near what you describe. Kind of Flanders Red/english brown ale blend thing going on.

I just opened one the other day, it was excellent tons of cherry and caramel, a bit of roast, not stale or acrid. Coffee was present but nowhere near what you describe. Kind of Flanders Red/english brown ale blend thing going on.
Wish I got a bottle that was like that. I'll have to pick one up if I ever see them again.

The Coffee Ruby's I've opened have been excellent. Coffee Ruby and Hyper Predator are about as good as I think you'll experience for a coffee saison.

Curious how many Outline Ghost Tome Tulips there are in the wild. Is It reasonably easy to trade/buy one from someone? I'm not big into glassware so I have no clue and I've gotten a lot of differing answers on this.
I have two. I've gotten different opinions on value too. Would be hard to part with either of them though. It's too fun to sit with a fellow Tome geek and share a bottle while using matching glasses. Plus, matching glasses ensure equal pours. Otherwise I might accidentally short myself on the ghostly magic, you know?

Curious how many Outline Ghost Tome Tulips there are in the wild. Is It reasonably easy to trade/buy one from someone? I'm not big into glassware so I have no clue and I've gotten a lot of differing answers on this.
I had two at one point but I gave one away recently to my friend. They're definitely out there and not that hard to track down compared to the Chope for example...that's my experience with their glassware for the most part. Like any other hard to get glassware it just takes a lot of patience and time. If you have glassware that's sought after like the outline then just toss up a thread. Good luck.

So....one-offs.

Those of you who've had em...which of the below would you say have held up best, and would be most worth my while to pursue (I'll pursue them all as hard as I can, but, you know, priorities).

caeymaex
la pellainoise
cisse leuze
la gourmande
loch ness
fayimi (blonde or brune?)
flop

(I've read the reviews on some other crappy site so I have an idea but I wanted to hear it straight from the horses' mouths)

So....one-offs.

Those of you who've had em...which of the below would you say have held up best, and would be most worth my while to pursue (I'll pursue them all as hard as I can, but, you know, priorities).

caeymaex
la pellainoise
cisse leuze
la gourmande
loch ness
fayimi (blonde or brune?)
flop

(I've read the reviews on some other crappy site so I have an idea but I wanted to hear it straight from the horses' mouths)
If you read the reviews on BA, you will see exactly what my thoughts are on each. Ive wrote descriptive notes about all except fayimi.

These bottles are very unique to the extent that it is very hard to list them in an order of what is best without letting your own personal preference weigh heavily upon that ordering. So instead ill beat around the bush and let you decipher as you will.

Gourmande and Flop are probably the "easiest" to attain from your list because they were the most recent releases of everything listed and even had multiple batches, some of which were distributed in the US. Flop was circa 1999-2001 and gourmande 02-04ish. The rest of the bottles you listed are mid 90's so you are looking at 10 years difference in cellaring conditions/oxidation/packaging failure/etc.

From those that remain on your list, Caeymaex has what I would describe as the most forward facing Fantome house character. By that I mean... the most distinct attribute I found in that beer can also be traced to nearly ever other good fantome ive experienced but in varying degree/abundance.

Pellainoise is the tome version of an orange creamsicle.

Cisse Leuze is the tome version of what would happen if cider and very old lambic made love.

Nessy is the tome version of an old ale/barleywine.

If you read the reviews on BA, you will see exactly what my thoughts are on each. Ive wrote descriptive notes about all except fayimi.

These bottles are very unique to the extent that it is very hard to list them in an order of what is best without letting your own personal preference weigh heavily upon that ordering. So instead ill beat around the bush and let you decipher as you will.

Gourmande and Flop are probably the "easiest" to attain from your list because they were the most recent releases of everything listed and even had multiple batches, some of which were distributed in the US. Flop was circa 1999-2001 and gourmande 02-04ish. The rest of the bottles you listed are mid 90's so you are looking at 10 years difference in cellaring conditions/oxidation/packaging failure/etc.

From those that remain on your list, Caeymaex has what I would describe as the most forward facing Fantome house character. By that I mean... the most distinct attribute I found in that beer can also be traced to nearly ever other good fantome ive experienced but in varying degree/abundance.

Cisse Leuze is the tome version of what would happen if cider and very old lambic made love.

ISO Cisse Leuze

Can we get a NSFW spoiler on this? Walked around with a pitched tent most of the day thanks to Adam.

Latest posts