Quantcast

Is Fantome "back"?

Help Support Talkbeer:

So, how were the verde and Ete?
Dany felt verde was way 'too much' still for consumption. I thought it was plenty drinkable but time will let it round and soften. Big citrus and pine on the nose. Good mouthfeel and a very young sappy pine taste. The lemon citrus did a pretty good job cutting through the harsher pine. Look forward to opening another down the road.

Ete big nose of mandarin and white pepper. Taste was more subtle with the pepper. Pretty clean yeast character but gave off some classic musty Fantome esters. If we stayed longer I could have crushed 6 of these, so great

Told some great stories, answered our questions, and even put us to work.
Wait a second...you mean, like...he answered your questions? I can imagine how that went...

You: "Hey Dany, how long have you been brewing?"
Dany: "Secrets, secrets...."

You: "Hey Dany, what's the ABV in this one? I'm getting rather buzzed."
Dany: "Hmm...mmm....hmmm...."

You: "Hey Dany, where's the restroom?"
Dany: "Rumors, rumors..."

Dany felt verde was way 'too much' still for consumption. I thought it was plenty drinkable but time will let it round and soften. Big citrus and pine on the nose. Good mouthfeel and a very young sappy pine taste. The lemon citrus did a pretty good job cutting through the harsher pine. Look forward to opening another down the road.

Ete big nose of mandarin and white pepper. Taste was more subtle with the pepper. Pretty clean yeast character but gave off some classic musty Fantome esters. If we stayed longer I could have crushed 6 of these, so great
Ok, you know we all are thinking it so ill be the one to ask...
"way too much still"
As in, the beer is still and not enough carbonation
or
way too much still in that the flavor is too much and it needs time?

Additionally, was this verde available to buy? Because I know im not alone when I say - want

Ok, you know we all are thinking it so ill be the one to ask...
"way too much still"
As in, the beer is still and not enough carbonation
or
way too much still in that the flavor is too much and it needs time?

Additionally, was this verde available to buy? Because I know im not alone when I say - want
Definitely that the flavor is too bold and aggressive. The Italians didn't buy many kegs or bottles from him like they usually do at this event. That being the case he is sitting on them a while before selling.
I do have 1 in my cellar now tho :)

Wait a second...you mean, like...he answered your questions? I can imagine how that went...

You: "Hey Dany, how long have you been brewing?"
Dany: "Secrets, secrets...."

You: "Hey Dany, what's the ABV in this one? I'm getting rather buzzed."
Dany: "Hmm...mmm....hmmm...."

You: "Hey Dany, where's the restroom?"
Dany: "Rumors, rumors..."
.... yes yes sometimes i Speak ! :)

Guys... the newest batch of dark white is no joke.

There is some youngness to it but the flavors are all there to make this a strawberry dream once it clears up/matures. This is nothing like my experiences of years past
Is there a date on the bottle? I had a bottle of Dark White within the past year that was a little too earthy/bitter, but it might have been an earlier batch. I think there are some bottles on shelves here. Would love to find a strawberry dream bottle.

Is there a date on the bottle? I had a bottle of Dark White within the past year that was a little too earthy/bitter, but it might have been an earlier batch. I think there are some bottles on shelves here. Would love to find a strawberry dream bottle.
I will check, but these were bottles that just dropped via Shelton distro in another state. Im pretty certain the cap was white but not the new ghosty logo white caps.

Latest posts