Is Fantome "back"?

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

I could be wrong but it sure looks like it has a clearly defined liquid level line where it had some condensation on the glass that then froze.

But now that you mention it, it looks like an older paper label so who knows? hah
I thought maybe the dust had been wiped off around the neck from picking the bottle up/uncorking it.

Ok, now I'm just overthinking this.

Carry on...

CheapBeerBuzz poured a '93 Tome Saison a couple weeks back and it was a very interesting beverage. Dusty, musty and lightly oxidized, it was definitely one of those beers you could tell had a long, wild history dining in the French Riviera and skiing with the Swiss Alps as a secret agent before seducing it's female bottle accomplices.

"Live" Toast? As in, he calls up and the bartender puts him on speaker phone?

images

CheapBeerBuzz poured a '93 Tome Saison a couple weeks back and it was a very interesting beverage. Dusty, musty and lightly oxidized, it was definitely one of those beers you could tell had a long, wild history dining in the French Riviera and skiing with the Swiss Alps as a secret agent before seducing it's female bottle accomplices.
Pretty sure it was from 1990 or 1991. Not sure where 1993 came from... :)

If anyone is looking for a tome glass, it looks like etre restocked more this morning. Inventory last night was sub 20, today its 70+

The image etre is using on the website looks to be the same as the last round (filled in ghost with 25cl marking on reverse) but they also posted a picture on facebook (as did Dany) that looks like it doesnt have the 25cl indicator and also kinda looks like the ghost is printed lower on the glass.

GfmcHCp.jpg

I don't love this, but I don't hate it. It's got a medicinal/herbal "tang" to it. Can't quite put my finger on it. Tastes like the recent standard saison mixed with iodine and bay leaves.
Opened another one of these tonight. Pretty sure it's from the same batch.

Almost completely flat. Slightly darker shade of orange/copper. Less iodine and herbs, more fruit punch and ghostie.

Still not my fave, but much better than the other bottle.