Is Fantome "back"?

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

I really didn't want to place an Etre order this quarter. Can anyone comment on the Turtle Ghost (and convince me not to place an order)?
Dany put 1,200 bottles on a pallet to come to the USA. I expect it should be on shore around May. :)

There's no turtle turds in it. From the press release:
"Belgian Farmhouse brewery Fantôme Brasserie Sprl and Orange County California Beancurdturtle Brewing LLC collaborate to create a specialty Saison, Ghost Turtle. Ghost Turtle is firmly grounded in a spicy Farmhouse Saison typical of Brasserie Fantôme, and gently overlaid with the influence of a blend of multiple flowers, herbs, and wildflower honey designed by Beancurdturtle Brewing. The floral and herbal aromatics and flavors gently express characters of Genièvre, an heirloom Belgian spirit that has been called “The grandfather of Gin”."

Cheers!

Tome Tuesday
AVmdyWTl.jpg

Strawberry, overripe cantaloupe, mango. Thick, heavy initial mouthfeel that completely dissipates by the swallow.

I think I bought this in the middle of last year and it's wonderful. So hard not to chug when it warms a bit.

B74AA561-5D92-4673-9593-FF15B75B7011.jpg

I was tired of holding on to this wondering if it would ever come around and no longer be bad. Had to post it here because this was from the era and one of the reasons "is fantome back" was a topic.

Nose is fairly clean and coriander heavy while cold. As it breathes and warms up, the burnt character emerges and is of course the leading characteristic of the taste profile. After laying this one to rest, I think I only have some boo and black ghost bottles that are from the brewery equipment mishap era.