Is Fantome "back"?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Yeah, along with a couple 2012-2013 tilquins. I was pretty shocked at what was just sitting on the shelf there.
All the #newmoney here are too busy gobbling up cases of FBS, KBS, and Hopslam to care about low-trade-equity shit like Tomes and Tilquins.

That said, I think I need to get more bottles of Fantome Saison. I love the mere existence of this thread, as it serves as a constant reminder that I should be drinking more Fantome.

Jesus Christ. There were 48 bottles. I go back literally 1 minute later and there are 38 bottles. Not the Tomes, now, please not the Tomes.
Just wanted to point out that its 2 weeks later and the last of it is still available. So, im glad that auto-trigger purchase fingers hasnt become an issue for tomes like it is lambic.

By tome standards on etre, this was pretty limited availability and still lasted this long so there is hope we wont get to that level. I think the buying restriction on it is largely responsible for it lasting this long (as well as the talks of it coming to the US via shelton.) I know if given the chance, I would have bought more than 2. I always like to chug one as soon as it arrives, share one with a buddy and have 1-2 to set aside for aging science experiments.

Damn I'm jealous of that pissenlit.

It was a nice surprise seeing Magic Ghost on tap earlier today. I've never had it before so I was excited to try it, not nearly as green as some pictures I've seen but still a pretty beautiful pour. Tasted great too, nice green tea flavor over lots of funk.
The bottom of that keg will look like a kale smoothie.

ISO.

my friend gave me an old hiver over the weekend. this is when shelton used to distro to NJ years ago. they just started to again recently IIRC. can't wait to try it...will report back when i do crack it
There were a couple honey holes in central Jersey that up until like 5 years ago had lots of these old paper label tomes and seemingly noone desired them other than me. I would wake up on a Saturday and take the 4 hour round trip just to buy as many as I could afford, go home and solo them. Ahhhh yes, life was easy before having children.

I miss the days of seeing 5+ different tomes on a shelf.

There were a couple honey holes in central Jersey that up until like 5 years ago had lots of these old paper label tomes and seemingly noone desired them other than me. I would wake up on a Saturday and take the 4 hour round trip just to buy as many as I could afford, go home and solo them. Ahhhh yes, life was easy before having children.

I miss the days of seeing 5+ different tomes on a shelf.
There was a place like that here as well. They eventually put all the dusties on the discount shelf and I ended up buying a lot of them. Then one day the all disappeared. I think someone must have caught wind.

Latest posts