ISO someone going to Brussels, to take something over there for me....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDXAmbassador1

Reaction score
Is anyone going to Belgium anytime in the next several months? Or do you know someone who is?

I have a buddy in Brussels I want to send a bunch of IPA to. Ideally 48 cans if that's possible. He could meet up at Cantillon or wherever.

A thank you package for your troubles could include any of the following...

Cycle Monday, Blue Dos, DCB Dos
Bottle Logic StF, Leche, Ground State, Darkstar
Cantillon St Lam, Vig, Iris, Gueuze, St Gil, GCB, etc
3F Gueuze (various vintages), Golden blends (both years / formats)
Various DG, Casey, Bourbon County, Prairie, Fantome, etc...

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to Belgium sometime soon? Or do you know someone who is?

I have a buddy in Brussels I want to send a bunch of IPA to. Ideally 48 cans if that's possible. He could meet up at Cantillon or wherever.

We would richly reward you with your choice of Cantillon, 3F, US BA stouts (Cycle, Bottle Logic), wilds (DG, Casey), or more fresh Trillium IPAs...whatever will make you happy.

Thanks for your help.
You seriously expect someone to fill their suitcases with your **** on an overseas flight? What's your reward? A wardrobe for when they show up? I guess stranger things have happened.

You seriously expect someone to fill their suitcases with your **** on an overseas flight? What's your reward? A wardrobe for when they show up? I guess stranger things have happened.
The "reward" is listed. People go there with an empty suitcase to bring back lambic, so figured maybe someone would help me out. Always appreciate friendly feedback like this! ;)

The "reward" is listed. People go there with an empty suitcase to bring back lambic, so figured maybe someone would help me out. Always appreciate friendly feedback like this! ;)
Any time, slick!

Is shipping that cost prohibitive that this is your preferred method of transportation?

Any time, slick!

Is shipping that cost prohibitive that this is your preferred method of transportation?
Shipping to Belgium unfortunately results in stuff being held up in customs for weeks (my friend tells me). Apparently it's more difficult than Germany / France? Never tried to do this before, so it's an experiment. I just didn't want the IPAs to sit in customs until they turned to barleywines, so thought I'd post this and see what happens!

I'll be going in November but it's $100 per extra bag so I'm doubting it'd be worth it since you'd be paying the extra bag fee.

I'll be going in November but it's $100 per extra bag so I'm doubting it'd be worth it since you'd be paying the extra bag fee.
I saw your post on RB and considered messaging you. It actually could be worth it to pay for your extra bag.

What's more, my pal said he'd gladly pick up anyone who's coming over (he has a car that seats 7), and drive them from the airport or train station wherever you need to go (hotel, beer bar, bottle shop, Cantillon Brewery, or wherever).

I'd possibly be game to do this twice -- once sooner, and once months out later.

This is ****ing ridiculous. You take people on here for fools? Pay the shipping you cheap ass.
Haha I pay shipping regularly on intern'l trades to other Euro countries -- I'm not opposed. The beer I'm offering as repayment is worth more than the shipping too, I think? Seriously just concerned about customs. Maybe I needn't worry...but nobody has assuaged those fears.

Yeah, well obviously. But I'm not gonna write that in my initial post or it'll get flagged or something.

I forgot to mention this is cross-posted on the DrugsAdvocate forum.

Whether it's cocaine, beer, or a gallon of personal lubricant (I'm never going to live that one down), you're asking a stranger to transport items for you on an international flight that may lead to customs agents asking them some questions. You should've anticipated responses full of sarcasm and skepticism.

Whether it's cocaine, beer, or a gallon of personal lubricant (I'm never going to live that one down), you're asking a stranger to transport items for you on an international flight that may lead to customs agents asking them some questions. You should've anticipated responses full of sarcasm and skepticism.
Yeah haha first I was defensive but I've begun to roll with it. ;)

Yeah haha first I was defensive but I've begun to roll with it. ;)

I totally get the defensive response, especially with this crowd, but you have to understand what you're asking for is a bit of a stretch. Props to you for having the balls to post in the first place. Good luck?

If something gets taken out by customs it will only take 5 days or so to release the goods. Considering you respond to them immediately with correct info.

That's my experience with them so far.

If something gets taken out by customs it will only take 5 days or so to release the goods. Considering you respond to them immediately with correct info.

That's my experience with them so far.
Thanks for the info! Hmm. What if it's labeled as "sauce" or "glassware"...do customs snatchers slap big fines on it? Since I can't label it as alcohol when sent from the US, it's hard to know how to label it in a way that it'll get though!

Haha I pay shipping regularly on intern'l trades to other Euro countries -- I'm not opposed. The beer I'm offering as repayment is worth more than the shipping too, I think? Seriously just concerned about customs. Maybe I needn't worry...but nobody has assuaged those fears.

But you aren't concerned about customs for the person who would be completing said shipment. Therein lies the problem.

So you'd rather risk someone's personal well-being (i.e. being detained) rather than taking a risk and shipping it, which you do 'all the time.'

Shouldn't your power be out by now due to the hurricane?

But you aren't concerned about customs for the person who would be completing said shipment. Therein lies the problem.

So you'd rather risk someone's personal well-being (i.e. being detained) rather than taking a risk and shipping it, which you do 'all the time.'

Shouldn't your power be out by now due to the hurricane?
Is that true? Is there risk of someone being detained due to carrying beer in their luggage?

Thanks for the info! Hmm. What if it's labeled as "sauce" or "glassware"...do customs snatchers slap big fines on it? Since I can't label it as alcohol when sent from the US, it's hard to know how to label it in a way that it'll get though!

Just label it as "collectible glassware". 50% chance it will be taken out. And then the receiver needs to pay import taxes. Last time I received a box with 24 cans I had to pay 50 usd for it. Sucks but sometimes they let boxes pass aswell...

Back