ISO: Your Best "Other Site" Ban/Discipline Story | FT: KRE, BCBCS, BN, Loons, CCB, HF, Prairie

Help Support Talkbeer:

Alrighty, so I'm newish here, but I've recently been permanently banned from that "other site" for "rules violations" "troll, crybaby" (update probably b/c of this thread; internet tough guys are the best). The odd part about that is that, of course, when asked (repeatedly) what rules I violated, they wouldn't say (presumably, because I didn't actually violate any). Rather, as near as I can tell, what got me banned was this post I made on THIS site. They didn't much like being challenged on their own site and apparently liked it even less when it got mentioned on an entirely different site.

In any event, like any newcomer to a family, I've come to try and gain acceptance through downright open, unconcealed bribery, and a good 'ol fashioned game.

The Contest:
  • Post your best story of run-ins with The Bros. and/or their Mods (links, if they're still up, are welcome), with particular emphasis on stories highlighting their elitism, general disdain for their users, and general douchebaggery.
The Rules:
  • Stories must be true; verified by you personally (either it directly involved you or you witnessed it).
  • Stories which resulted in a ban will be awarded 2 extra votes.
  • Stories involving Todd, F2Brewers, or blue-dream will be awarded 1 extra vote for each such individual involved (e.g., Todd stories will get 1 extra vote, Todd & F2Brewers stories will get 2 extra votes, and so on).
  • If you have an active account on that other site right now and are banned as a result of participating, I will send you free beer.
  • If you have an active account on that other site right now and want to post a story, but don't want to risk being banned, PM me the story and I will post it anonymously on your behalf.
  • Winners will be determined by the number of likes a story receives. Only votes from accounts in existence as of the date this thread was created will be counted (no stuffing the ballot box); note, however, that stories from ANY account (regardless of when created) are eligible to win (I cross-posted this in a few places, so hopefully this gets a few more new users here).
  • Voting will end at 3:12 PM EST on December 12, 2014 (exactly 1 week from the time of my ban).
  • When voting ends the top 5 finishers will each get to pick 2 beers from the below Prize Pool, one at a time to ensure fairness. Selection will go in the following order: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 4th Place, 5th Place, rinse, repeat.
  • Don't be a dick.
  • "Respect bee...errrrrr...people."
The Prize Pool:

The Gifs:
  • Gifs which best exemplify the behavior of your typical BA mod or user. I wanna see a lot of neckbeards.
  • Death-defying displays of Christmas decorating heroism.
  • Lebowski.
EDIT:

The Winners:

Last edited:
During the great purge of '13 I reported one of Tawds monthly comic posts. Something along the lines of, "unhelpful troll, pic not funny". He didn't like it too much and gave me a 2 week timeout. A day off of timeout I hadn't even posted and got banned for Reason: Troll..

Hardly ever posted there and that was the only thing that I did that could have warranted me getting banned.(other than joining this site ;))

Zerofux I had already found a new home weeks before.

Last edited:
During the great purge of '13 I reported one of Tawds monthly comic posts. Something along the lines of, "unhelpful troll, pic not funny". He didn't like it too much and gave me a 2 week timeout. A day off of timeout I hadn't even posted and got banned for Reason: Troll..

Hardly ever posted there that that was the only thing that I did that could have warranted me getting banned.(other than joining this site ;))

Zerofux I had already found a new home weeks before.
I think they're getting even heavier handed with the banning. Bitzy and the counterfeit Assassin guy got nuked right away and they didn't appear to have actually broken any rules of the site.

Mine isn't even too bad but it was really annoying and recent (last week). Posted an ISO, discussion began on how fair/unfair my offer was and the post was nuked by Todd for "too much bickering". I noticed it was gone so I reposted the next day with a comment that said "don't let me know if this is unfair, apparently that's against the rules" and promptly got re-nuked for "trolling".

I think they're getting even heavier handed with the banning. Bitzy and the counterfeit Assassin guy got nuked right away and they didn't appear to have actually broken any rules of the site.
Saw that. Yea I wouldn't have stood a chance over there with those dickhead mods. Just in that assassin thread, they all talk shit and then keep warning people with timeouts for doing the same exact thing. That's what power does to some people, I guess.

Welcome over, you will soon find you miss absolutely nothing from that other site run by total fucking idiots. (That's right Todd, Jason, F2brewers... You are fucking idiots)

I always loved the fact those circle-jerking douches claim to be punk/metal yet obviously have no sense of what that should mean... Just like with the words troll, moderation, censorship, etc.

I've been out for over a year - was banned for posting over here too, and i don't miss it a bit. Anyone who isnt an idiot can read the moderation thread you linked and see the gaping holes in their pathetic logic. I hope that thread gets pinned to the top of their forums forever just to illustrate their selective thinking/stupidity/hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Saw that. Yea I wouldn't have stood a chance over there with those dickhead mods. Just in that assassin thread, they all talk shit and then keep warning people with timeouts for doing the same exact thing. That's what power does to some people, I guess.
It's just dysfunctional. Like one of those workplaces where a good employee gets fired for the tiniest reason but the total idiots and slackers and assholes get to run amok.

That bitzy stuff was some total bullshit. How the fuck isn't that a personal attack? And they banned him? I am not trying to defend the guy (I find the whole thing funny as hell) but talk about double standards! I actually considered contacting him and telling him to send them a cease and desist letter.... Just like those sackless cowards have done before...

You do know they created fake accounts here just to disparage/troll over here right? Must be sad to have such low self esteem/little peens.

Last edited:
I got probably over a hundred "timeouts" over the course of a couple years. I'd venture to guess that 50% of those were for posting MS Paintings. 25% for making fun of Alextricity and his obsession with Code Red Mt Dew and the new Arby's French Montana, and 25% for starting new threads dedicated to shower beers. Then I got the super mega serious ban mallet from Hot Toddy. Subsequently I posted a MS Painting here that I did of him sitting in a bathroom stall, one hand giving a thumbs up and the other one grasping a big magnificent ethnic peen that had slithered over from the neighboring stall. Soon thereafter, I got a super scary email from Brother Todd threatening some legal nonsense. He mad.

I got probably over a hundred "timeouts" over the course of a couple years. I'd venture to guess that 50% of those were for posting MS Paintings. 25% for making fun of Alextricity and his obsession with Code Red Mt Dew and the new Arby's French Montana, and 25% for starting new threads dedicated to shower beers. Then I got the super mega serious ban mallet from Hot Toddy. Subsequently I posted a MS Painting here that I did of him sitting in a bathroom stall, one hand giving a thumbs up and the other one grasping a big magnificent ethnic peen that had slithered over from the neighboring stall. Soon thereafter, I got a super scary email from Brother Todd threatening some legal nonsense. He mad.
POST THE PIC!

Of retodd or the email...

You do know that any proper lawyer would laugh at his 'legal actions' right? Parody is legally protected. Dude be full of shit trying to intimidate you. You should post the letter so we all have a good laugh.

POST THE PIC!

Of retodd or the email...

You do know that any proper lawyer would laugh at his 'legal actions' right? Parody is legally protected. Dude be full of shit trying to intimidate you. You should post the letter so we all have a good laugh.
I think he was upset because that was an actual photograph that I took of him.

Group Builder