ISO: Your Best "Other Site" Ban/Discipline Story | FT: KRE, BCBCS, BN, Loons, CCB, HF, Prairie

Help Support Talkbeer:

I am no longer allowed in Boston's Mead Hall.

At Meadhall, the bathrooms are downstairs. As you walk down the steps, there's a large board that's been signed by luminaries of the craft beer world. The Alstrom Bros signed their names real big, and since I had a sharpie with me I wrote the word homies (an F-word slur for homosexuals) next to their name. Then I drew an arrow to their names, so people would know they were the homies I was talking about.

Quite pleased with myself, I took my time in the bathroom. Then some nosy b-word blocked me on the way up and asked some really insulting questions, like "did I write on the board," and "do I have a sharpie" and "how come there are sharpie marks on your hands?"
You shouldn't use homophobic slurs.

I was trading some home made Assassins and they banned me.
I love the solution that Todd suggested after locking that thread... something about leaving it to the proper authorities so they can get him for fraud. I'm sure the police would get right on that.

Someone has been resealing Toppling Goliath bottles and trading them on the Internet?!?!?! I'LL PUT MY FINEST MEN ON THIS ONE

OK I got one!
And based on your above quote:
"Respect bee...errrrrr...people."
You may be aware of it because I used almost that exact sentence in my post there (which of course was quickly deleted).
So the story goes:
Several of us were having a spirited discussion on labelling/packaging of beer and the influence it has or does not have on potential or familiar buyers of beers.
A BA posts a comment.
I post a reply to said comment respectfully disagreeing with his opinion.
This BA then posts an angry reply to me wherein he actually calls me a name.
I then post back an even angrier jab at him wherein I call him an admittedly even worse name (which is how it works right?).
My post ends with your quote and was quickly deleted.
I was then deactivated for 24 hours for calling this BA a name.
Incidentally, HIS post including the name he called me was never deleted and can still be found:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/bad-beer-labels-that-deter-you-from-buying.165212/page-9.
Once I was reactivated I retired my account. Fuck-em.
Incidentally I went by the same name as here with same avatar.
Thanks for listening :D

Group Builder