Europe (Other) Italy

Help Support Talkbeer:

Any suggestions for neighborhoods to stay in Rome and Florence? Didn't love the areas I stayed in a few years ago, so open to ideas!
I stayed right off Piazza Navona in Rome and it was great. Walking distance (*assuming you're cool with walking 10+km per day) to all the touristy shit, restaurants, etc. It's right in the middle between Vatican City and the Colosseum. Trastevere would also be a good choice just across the river.

Shout out to all ya'll on this thread. Headed to Rome / Florence / Bologna-Modena in May. LMK if there are any updates regarding the Italian beer/food scene. TIA. Cheers!

Shout out to all ya'll on this thread. Headed to Rome / Florence / Bologna-Modena in May. LMK if there are any updates regarding the Italian beer/food scene. TIA. Cheers!
Definitely go to Ma Che Siete Venuti a Fa in Rome. Bring some beers to share! I brought an appervation and the owner was super cool, I had to beg him to allow me to even pay for my own drinks. Also, get the steak Florentine at Trattoria Mario in Florence. If you enjoy coffee, Ditta Artigianale in Florence was the best i had on the trip.

Birrifico Artigianale Zapap was the only spot that I found that was open when I was in Bologna a year ago, it was pretty meh but the people were cool and it seems to be the center of nightlife right around there. Was recommended Le Sette Chiese by a friend of a friend who lived there for a few years and it was an amazing little family-run neighborhood spot for dinner

Latest posts