ITT: Barleywines

Help Support Talkbeer:

How am I just now finding this thread... I am such a failure.
It was AFK for 3+ years, your sins are forgiven as well as the rest of us.

I cant keep up with all the discussions I want to be a part of. Participating in the cellar review thread, Fantome, berliner, proper glassware, DDT and intihar... I feel guilty posting in 1 but not the other 3-4 valid discussions as well.

it's k13

here's the winner circle from that night

aside from anabasis being number 1, these results may change once the actually numbers are calculated. we were all pretty buzzed by than haha
Curious where Omega Point ranked. That's one of the only ones I've had and it was pretty freaking amazing.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Curious where Omega Point ranked. That's one of the only ones I've had and it was pretty freaking amazing.
i ranked it high in my personal list, but a few folks had it low. i love that beer! either it's fallen off badly or i had a bad bottle

i ranked it high in my personal list, but a few folks had it low. i love that beer! either it's fallen off badly or i had a bad bottle
Loved it when it was bottled, but seemed to have some lacto or something picking up in the last one I had.

it's k13

aside from anabasis being number 1, these results may change once the actually numbers are calculated. we were all pretty buzzed by than haha
Sounds like I need to find that Angry Chair one. Surprised Aaron b1 and Great weren't in the top 5. Also, needs Kuhnhenn BBBW.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Sounds like I need to find that Angry Chair one. Surprised Aaron b1 and Great weren't in the top 5. Also, needs Kuhnhenn BBBW.
it was in the running but one of the last one to get cut. thinking about maybe doing a small format ba bwine tasting too, got a lot of those guys. plus was shooting for the big bottles this time around

haven't been able to keep up with all of the various beer releases over the last year or so but does anyone make a 100% brett BW, preferably a English style BW?

KevSal

Supremium Porter
haven't been able to keep up with all of the various beer releases over the last year or so but does anyone make a 100% brett BW, preferably a English style BW?
marin brewerying has made several batches of a brett bwine, old dipsea. the first batch was an accident, it was received well and they made it multiply times (or they keep marketing their mistakes that way)

it's alright, i do know people that enjoy it tho. their regular ba old diodes is fantastic tho

it's k13

What batch on ADWTD? I only had #2 and thought a few ozs was more than enough. Was pretty hard to drink even as a BW fan.

I'm guessing The K13 didn't fare too well? Last time I had it, it seemed to take a turn from the previous time and not in a positive way. Tasted like it was missing something.

Opened an Omega Point last night with a few buddies. I heard rumblings of a possible infection, but I can confirm my bottle was not and still tasting great. Having said that, the last bottle I opened was maybe 6 months back, and felt it tasted better then. I got one more to open, so will probably wait another 6 months and check again.

Group Builder