ITT: Barleywines

Help Support Talkbeer:

KevSal

Supremium Porter
can i put this here or is it a foul play

2018, i guess they could finally afford its own label lol, i remember they used to put a sticker on these guys years ago. either my memory is bad, my palettes changed or this beer is just different, but i remember this guy with a bigger brown sugar presence. in 2011-2013 this was my favorite beer. still very good but it seems like a different beer. i’m just happy to try it again!

i think i light have a ba4d 2011/2012 i need to fish out

Not usually into barleywines but this is good. Light caramel, honey, fruitiness, and a clean bitter aftertaste. Surprised by the amount of bitterness since it's 15 months old now. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable for 10%. Slight touch of oxidation but not detrimental in any way, melds really well with the fruity flavor.

If you find yourself in Costa Rica you should drink Treintaycinco, easily one of the best breweries in all of Central America.

Not usually into barleywines but this is good. Light caramel, honey, fruitiness, and a clean bitter aftertaste. Surprised by the amount of bitterness since it's 15 months old now. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable for 10%. Slight touch of oxidation but not detrimental in any way, melds really well with the fruity flavor.

If you find yourself in Costa Rica you should drink Treintaycinco, easily one of the best breweries in all of Central America.

I'll be making my first trip to Costa Rica this year, May or June. Something to look for.

can i put this here or is it a foul play

2018, i guess they could finally afford its own label lol, i remember they used to put a sticker on these guys years ago. either my memory is bad, my palettes changed or this beer is just different, but i remember this guy with a bigger brown sugar presence. in 2011-2013 this was my favorite beer. still very good but it seems like a different beer. i’m just happy to try it again!

i think i light have a ba4d 2011/2012 i need to fish out
Haven't opened this year's yet but the BA 4D Madagascar from this year was outstanding.

2018 Nebco Premeditated Murder Barleywine.

Very nice take on an English Barleywine. Big dark fruit and leather. I was actually excited when I saw it wasn’t barrel aged. Nothing on the style but they seem to be harder to come across. I could see this one having some legs too if you wanted to cellar.

Minimal heat with a sticky finish. Left my face warmed while soloing.

Pretty sure I got this from lambandtunaphish ? Thanks bud.

Beer was a touch rough cold out of the fridge. This beer absolutely opened up though as it warmed. Tons of oak tannins mixing with classic English BW notes. Toffee notes very prominent.

I have a scotch variant in the fridge I’m excited to try.

I have a single can of Revolution VSOJ in the fridge from pdurrrr i’m thinking of doming. Probably saving it for later this week though.

Latest posts