ITT: Barleywines

Help Support Talkbeer:

What's a "deep pour?" srs question.
At a festival where is no pour line, you can tend to get middle of the glass pours. But if they are heavy handed you can get a large DEEP pour, aka a Boss pour. On th r other hand, you can get shorted, aka a Midwest pour. I just learned about that last term. Man, festivals, you can learn everything!

I finally got to see what all the talk is about with this one. Batch 2... the shelf turd edition?

People give the Bruery a hard time with the beetus jokes but holy shit this one trumps the sweetness of any Bruery beer, ever. Its almost like they said fuck it and just barrel aged/bottled unfermented wort. Easily, not only the sweetness beer I ever had but the thickest as well. It was good, id even seek it out again but holy shit dessert beer.

I finally got to see what all the talk is about with this one. Batch 2... the shelf turd edition?

People give the Bruery a hard time with the beetus jokes but holy shit this one trumps the sweetness of any Bruery beer, ever. Its almost like they said fuck it and just barrel aged/bottled unfermented wort. Easily, not only the sweetness beer I ever had but the thickest as well. It was good, id even seek it out again but holy shit dessert beer.

A few ozs was more than enough for me and truthfully, still hard to drink. As much of a BW fan as I am, I wouldn't drink this beer again.

no picture but the Bruery Mash & French toast is rediculously good.

Ive not been a big fan of the mash series but this beer is crazy. The adjuncts are not too over the top and what has been added is just enough to be noticeable and enjoyable. The cinnamon, maple and vanilla all mingled well with what I perceive to be the most bourbon and barrel character of any Bruery beer ive had.

A 100% brett beer of any sort would, by definition, not be an English style barleywine.
1) I don't give a shit about style guides
2) wouldn't a lot, or at least a large %, of the English barleywines from waaaaaaay back have brett in them? historical docs tend to reference a twang in the older aged BWs.

regarding #2, yes 100% brett is not the same as sacc+brett. semantics/schemantics
(but in seriousness, have you ever had a 100% brett C English BW? (by English BW I mean very low AA% hop presence - fuck those overhopp'd American versions). they be mighty tasty ;)

Group Builder