ITT : Big Green Eggheads

Help Support Talkbeer:

I know we have a smoker thread and probably enough food/cooking threads but it's time for the smartest people to have their own place. As if you have a BGE you are the 1%.

Anyway, looking for a good lighting solution, someone here has to have figured out the best way to go.

Also, feel free to discuss accessories, tips, tricks, recipes, etc.

This time of year (and in the fall) I literally cook on it 5-6 days a week. Fucking love the thing.

I own several. Insufficient. I've tried a few that attach to handle. Insufficient. This is for middle of the night treks when smoking and off season cooking in the dark. The headlamps are a pain in the ass and the handle attach ones either suck balls at their job or break. I assumed someone in the world has found a solution that I would find appealing but it just occurred to me such a person is not very likely to A. Be a drunk and if so B. Be on this site.

I own several. Insufficient. I've tried a few that attach to handle. Insufficient. This is for middle of the night treks when smoking and off season cooking in the dark. The headlamps are a pain in the ass and the handle attach ones either suck balls at their job or break. I assumed someone in the world has found a solution that I would find appealing but it just occurred to me such a person is not very likely to A. Be a drunk and if so B. Be on this site.
Stern, but fair.

Yay...

MordorMongo

What about a table top led lantern on the side table? Those toss some good light I've found.
I ended up finding solution to be two headlamps. One aimed straight and other down a bit.

Then my wife bought me a LED that is like on a swivel arm so I can easily move it to illuminate what I need to see. Took it off for summer as it's light late here now but will take pic when I remount this fall. It basically attaches to back of side table and can flex swivel anywhere. Hell I can put the damn thing almost down in the coals if I want.

Fucking sorcery.

I ended up finding solution to be two headlamps. One aimed straight and other down a bit.

Then my wife bought me a LED that is like on a swivel arm so I can easily move it to illuminate what I need to see. Took it off for summer as it's light late here now but will take pic when I remount this fall. It basically attaches to back of side table and can flex swivel anywhere. Hell I can put the damn thing almost down in the coals if I want.

Fucking sorcery.

Damn I would like a light attached to my table! Need the deets when you get it back going in the fall. I have patio light but it does get dark af when I'm out there have drunk stumbling around putting a brisket or shoulder on

Damn I would like a light attached to my table! Need the deets when you get it back going in the fall. I have patio light but it does get dark af when I'm out there have drunk stumbling around putting a brisket or shoulder on
It's like this except black, can't find one to save my soul now but all I did was use a bracket to attach it bracket of folding side table. It folds up and hangs straight down when closed up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0184DKAF4/?tag=talkbeer-20

Latest posts