ITT: Coffee

Help Support Talkbeer:

Black, maybe 1 sugar.

Bodum french press and a bistro grinder. Considering a Chemex or aeropress.

Beans: Whatever Peter has recently roasted at work (the 4th largest whole foods). Recently its been Sidama/o or Kenyan.

Bummed someone grabbed my bag of Dark Lord Intelligensia.

Black, french press.

At work we counted and we have 8 different coffee delivery methods

Drip
Pourover
French Press (x2)
Espresso (just a cheap cuisinart one)
Keurig
Aeropress
Starbucks VIA
Percolator

Just need to get a vacuum brewer and we are all set.
We have a machine that is randomly loaded by a variety of employees, not of which follow the directions. The results are always the same however, undrinkable coffee (though as I mentioned before my wife is also to blame by spoiling me with great coffee)

We have a machine that is randomly loaded by a variety of employees, not of which follow the directions. The results are always the same however, undrinkable coffee (though as I mentioned before my wife is also to blame by spoiling me with great coffee)
That is why I make coffee at my desk. I did set up an informal coffee share with a few people using a standard drip, but found out everyone else just wanted foldgers so I started to just make my own

I only drink black coffee. But I have a problem...I'm not sure I know what "great" coffee is. I drink Dunkin almost exclusively, but when you guys say you/your wife/your hot mom makes "great" coffee, how do they do that? Can it be done with a normal drip coffee machine?