Toxic Topic ITT: DMB

Help Support Talkbeer:

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
Never heard of it but will be checking it out. I would prefer to trade all 8 to someone who has seats both nights and really wants a pit upgrade.
Aside from that site you could sign up for an antsmarching.org account. Might get more bites there. But from everything I've ever read on there people hate the Camden pit.

Or there are always Facebook groups...

Aside from that site you could sign up for an antsmarching.org account. Might get more bites there. But from everything I've ever read on there people hate the Camden pit.

Or there are always Facebook groups...
Cash or Trade has a DMB specific group on facebook so I posted there. I'll leave ants for my friend who got the tickets and is a sort of active member. At least when it comes to the set list game.

Dates? Tempted for night one potentially
Friday June 14...But I'm really just looking to swap for regular seats.

WhalezB4Rarez

I bought this for a quick second then remembered I follow the Fake Dave Matthews account.

WhalezB4Rarez

Good two nights in Camden, although I only went to the second night. Seems like the band (or Dave) has really turned it around in regard to setlists recently. Was a lot of fun. Granny opener was unexpected. Cool to see Sugar Will again (although I don't like the new arrangement) Been almost 16 years since I saw The Maker live. Stairway in Watchtower was nice to see. Good energy on stage and in the crowd. Guess I'll go back next year.

Good two nights in Camden, although I only went to the second night. Seems like the band (or Dave) has really turned it around in regard to setlists recently. Was a lot of fun. Granny opener was unexpected. Cool to see Sugar Will again (although I don't like the new arrangement) Been almost 16 years since I saw The Maker live. Stairway in Watchtower was nice to see. Good energy on stage and in the crowd. Guess I'll go back next year.

Both shows were great. Buddy is mixing in better. Sugar Will is still a meh for me until they turn it on during the jam at the end, then I'm grooving trying to remember why I don't like the song. Setlists are still too predictable. So much in the arsenal unused. Songs that stay retired I've never heard and songs that should be put away for a while I've seen 30 times. Saturday was my 50th show. As long as they are back it next year I'll be too.

WhalezB4Rarez

Both shows were great. Buddy is mixing in better. Sugar Will is still a meh for me until they turn it on during the jam at the end, then I'm grooving trying to remember why I don't like the song. Setlists are still too predictable. So much in the arsenal unused. Songs that stay retired I've never heard and songs that should be put away for a while I've seen 30 times. Saturday was my 50th show. As long as they are back it next year I'll be too.

They could cut down on playing some songs 40 times a summer and instead play them, like 20 times, and give more time to other songs. I think the band knows where it's bread is buttered though . They have so many songs that are either radio hits or fan favorite staples (no matter how many people are tired of seeing Jimi Thing every other show) they need to keep those in rotation. Plus the Big Whiskey album brought in a lot of fans for whatever reason so they need to pimp that as well (even a decade later).

It would be interesting if they tried to play like 7-8 shows in a row without repeating a song and did shows like that for an entire tour. The shows sell well as it is so I don't know who they would be doing shows like that for other than folks online that bitch about "You & Me" being played.

Sugar Will rules

The band has NEVER varied their setlists. In 98 people were bitching that they were playing most of BTCS every show. Rinse and repeat. The fanbase changes over but the mindset stays the same.

I was actually just looking on the Almanac and the number of songs has increased exponentially since 2004ish. You'd always be good for 55-60 songs each summer. I think in 2016 they doubled that number. They're also playing more songs per night. Going from 15-16 a night to 18-19. The problem is that they'll always favor newer material. Yes they'll always play 41, Ants, Two Step, Crush, etc but as the years go on a higher percentage of the set is getting eaten by newer and newer material which doesn't leave as much room for songs like BOWA, Help Myself, Drive In Drive Out, Dreaming Tree let alone the real pipedream shit like Get In Line, Blue Water, #36, Spotlight, or who knows what else.

Not that I've listened to more than a few songs since Buddy joined, but he has seemed to bring a renewed energy to the band. Give it time and I'm sure more songs will come.

I'll actually be headed to my first show since the dreaded night of Brooklyn 2012 next month (SPAC 2). Pretty excited to have a good time with some friends and see a show!

Also just come to DDT already ;)

WhalezB4Rarez

Sugar Will rules

The band has NEVER varied their setlists. In 98 people were bitching that they were playing most of BTCS every show. Rinse and repeat. The fanbase changes over but the mindset stays the same.

I was actually just looking on the Almanac and the number of songs has increased exponentially since 2004ish. You'd always be good for 55-60 songs each summer. I think in 2016 they doubled that number. They're also playing more songs per night. Going from 15-16 a night to 18-19. The problem is that they'll always favor newer material. Yes they'll always play 41, Ants, Two Step, Crush, etc but as the years go on a higher percentage of the set is getting eaten by newer and newer material which doesn't leave as much room for songs like BOWA, Help Myself, Drive In Drive Out, Dreaming Tree let alone the real pipedream shit like Get In Line, Blue Water, #36, Spotlight, or who knows what else.

Not that I've listened to more than a few songs since Buddy joined, but he has seemed to bring a renewed energy to the band. Give it time and I'm sure more songs will come.

I'll actually be headed to my first show since the dreaded night of Brooklyn 2012 next month (SPAC 2). Pretty excited to have a good time with some friends and see a show!
solid points

Also just come to DDT already ;)

They could cut down on playing some songs 40 times a summer and instead play them, like 20 times, and give more time to other songs. I think the band knows where it's bread is buttered though . They have so many songs that are either radio hits or fan favorite staples (no matter how many people are tired of seeing Jimi Thing every other show) they need to keep those in rotation. Plus the Big Whiskey album brought in a lot of fans for whatever reason so they need to pimp that as well (even a decade later).

It would be interesting if they tried to play like 7-8 shows in a row without repeating a song and did shows like that for an entire tour. The shows sell well as it is so I don't know who they would be doing shows like that for other than folks online that bitch about "You & Me" being played.
Worst fucking song. Period. Just so god damn awful. Only negative to the favorite show I saw live.

Group Builder