ITT - Gearheads and Rides

Help Support Talkbeer:

The connectors and terminals are all different. They do this to prevent someone from plugging in the wrong connector into the wrong part to prevent electrical damage to the part and to the control module.
As far as price, most connectors are in the $25 - $50 range. I have seen some 2 wire connectors go as high as $80. For labor, in Chicago the rate at dealers is around $150/ hour, most reputable shops is between $100 - $140.

Any (large) truck owners here who have dabbled in leveling of a truck via block or suspension/bags?

Looking for recommendations/sites/brands if so.

More info. My boss has a small dick truck.

F250, looking to level out to get rid of the forward rake. Will be towing trailer randomly, no 5th wheel, and curious what others use so it doesn’t make the back sag with weight when hooked up. Haven’t bought the truck yet, but already know I will want it after some drives.

Sorry about y’alls relationship with his small dick.

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member
Any (large) truck owners here who have dabbled in leveling of a truck via block or suspension/bags?

Looking for recommendations/sites/brands if so.
If your only goal is to level, blocks are fine. Unless you see/have the need to upgrade to bags or better suspension components.

When I was buying a truck, I test drive all the manufactures and couldn't stand the ride of the f250. It was far too harsh and rough. At the time, I didnt want to sink another $3k into suspension on a brand new truck. I drove my ram and fell in love with the ride.

If your only goal is to level, blocks are fine. Unless you see/have the need to upgrade to bags or better suspension components.

When I was buying a truck, I test drive all the manufactures and couldn't stand the ride of the f250. It was far too harsh and rough. At the time, I didnt want to sink another $3k into suspension on a brand new truck. I drove my ram and fell in love with the ride.

Only rough ride I had was the 250s with the bigger front suspension for snow plow and other attachments. Co worker has an 18 lariat that’s stock and rides really really good without the heavier front end. Little stiff over some harder bumps but doesn’t float around too much. He uses it as a daily driver mostly, tows a few times with golf cart trailers and boat trailers coming and going from the lake.

Thanks for info- I figured blocks would be easiest, just don’t know if it’s worth the 1k-1.5k to do more than just the blocks and shit if I go that route. Like you, I actually don’t really like the idea of fucking with a truck that cost so fucking much to begin with, but it visually bothers me. I leveled my f150 out 14 years ago and it’s held up, but it’s also never really done much.

The connectors and terminals are all different. They do this to prevent someone from plugging in the wrong connector into the wrong part to prevent electrical damage to the part and to the control module.
As far as price, most connectors are in the $25 - $50 range. I have seen some 2 wire connectors go as high as $80. For labor, in Chicago the rate at dealers is around $150/ hour, most reputable shops is between $100 - $140.
Marksy this ^. Most shops charge over $100 for this type of work, even if it seems straightforward.

Do you have the ability to replace the connector yourself? Or at least get under there and see how it's wired up? Sometimes the things that seem like complicated jobs turn out to be pretty easy, just time-consuming as you figure things out.

Marksy this ^. Most shops charge over $100 for this type of work, even if it seems straightforward.

Do you have the ability to replace the connector yourself? Or at least get under there and see how it's wired up? Sometimes the things that seem like complicated jobs turn out to be pretty easy, just time-consuming as you figure things out.
Thanks! Ended up having it done at the shop that day, been running great ever since. Money well spent.

127k..... and she's totaled! She didn't fair too well getting to the TB anno 2 party. Slid on some icy roads right into a fire hydrant.
So I'm bringing this post back from the dead. Jalopnik did another story on owning a '91 850i today, and I got thinking about the crash. Then I started searching online for Pneill316's wrecked car. And here she is.....https://poctra.com/1993-BMW-850-I-AUTOMATIC/id-AAtyfSAlAGi0dGWT/BURLINGTON-VT/Photos

Amazing level of damage for an approx. 10mph coast into a ditch, with the steering wheel on full left lock. It's been "refreshed" by the insurance company. Motivated to sell. Only $3,900.

Good times!

So I'm bringing this post back from the dead. Jalopnik did another story on owning a '91 850i today, and I got thinking about the crash. Then I started searching online for Pneill316's wrecked car. And here she is.....https://poctra.com/1993-BMW-850-I-AUTOMATIC/id-AAtyfSAlAGi0dGWT/BURLINGTON-VT/Photos

Amazing level of damage for an approx. 10mph coast into a ditch, with the steering wheel on full left lock. It's been "refreshed" by the insurance company. Motivated to sell. Only $3,900.

Good times!
If the car was totaled how can it have a clean title? In Iowa at least if a car is totaled it would have a salvage or rebuilt title

Way too much for a total, I’m buying them straight with less on the clock for just a little more. Yes it has lots of good parts but it’s worth $2k tops, if he comes way down then I might be interested.

Latest posts