ITT - Gearheads and Rides

Help Support Talkbeer:

Beautiful, congrats! Keep an eye on that carbon build-up on the intake manifold and you should be good to go. I've loved those cars since they came out....super nice!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/336352-Audi-FSI-Engine-Carbon-Build-up-Megathread
Thanks. I have been reading up on that thoroughly. The dealer actually gave me the repair orders of the work done after they took it in. Recall for replacing the cats. Fixed the oil filter base leak, which requires removal of the intake manifold. They said the carbon buildup wasn’t an issue. But they did do the fuel system/intake treatment. So who knows. Drives like a dream, they let me look under it on the lift and nary a leak or spot of rust (was a Florida car for the majority of its ownership). Super excited.

Also, there was a carbon fiber lip spoiler, license plate frame and a set of RS5 fog light grills in the trunk.

Whooooo.

All the lift parts/wheels/tires arrived.

New truck is headed in later this week, just got my license plate in the mail as well, upgrades abound! I’ve never done much more than a level kit on my trucks in the past, excited to see the finished product and pray it rides as good or better as stock due to the shocks, etc.

Just picked this up for a great price. I work at the dealer it was traded in at and apparently a yellow car with a stick isn't a hot seller :rolleyes:. Thing's an absolute blast to drive.
(Link to media)

(Link to media)

(Link to media)
Not sure why you have to remove the entire center console to swap out a shift boot ring in order to make different knobs work. It looks and feels much better though. OE Acura Type S knob. Because racecar.

Annnnnnd it’s mine.
Save the manuals! Great work guys! Awesome rides.

Great ride, but this drives me fucking crazy. It's a turbo, not a supercharger. Damn it, AUDI, get it fucking right.
The V6 is supercharged and the I4 is turbo, right?

They should definitely stop using “T” on non-turbo engines.
Supercharged != supercharger. Semantics are shitty. No different than a fake purse saying "Real Leather" on a tag attached to it.

You can have both. But most euros are using an electric super on their turbos to reduce the pressure build up time.

Supercharged != supercharger. Semantics are shitty. No different than a fake purse saying "Real Leather" on a tag attached to it.

You can have both. But most euros are using an electric super on their turbos to reduce the pressure build up time.
Historically, a turbocharger is just a specific type of supercharger.
I think common usage should override technicality. If the engine uses a supercharger, electric or mechanical, to spool the turbo, I’ve always heard that referred to as twincharging.

Either way, forced induction rules.

That's gotta be a hoot! Doesn't the T in 3.0T stand for turbo though haha?
Great ride, but this drives me fucking crazy. It's a turbo, not a supercharger. Damn it, AUDI, get it fucking right.
Tsupercharged ( silent T)........From what I can gather , Audi decided to keep the T for force induction engines regardless of the source (turbocharged or supercharged) also they are comfortable with the T moniker because the engine is a TFSI (Turbo fuel stratified injection) therefore technically not wrong but silly as far as I'm concerned. The Supercharged badge looks much better and corrects this.

Semantics indeed, but a supercharger is traditionally mechanically driven (by the crank, this spooling earlier and creating less lag); a turbo relies on recirculation of exhaust gases (thus requiring exhaust gases to spool and causing lag, traditionally).

I’m not an engineer, but my job very heavily involves vehicle exhaust emissions and the engines that create them. And I am quite familiar with this engine. It’s not equipped with what is traditionally considered a supercharger.

Latest posts