ITT - Gearheads and Rides

Help Support Talkbeer:

Semantics indeed, but a supercharger is traditionally mechanically driven (by the crank, this spooling earlier and creating less lag); a turbo relies on recirculation of exhaust gases (thus requiring exhaust gases to spool and causing lag, traditionally).

I’m not an engineer, but my job very heavily involves vehicle exhaust emissions and the engines that create them. And I am quite familiar with this engine. It’s not equipped with what is traditionally considered a supercharger.
Is it the current version of the old “G” charger from the 90’s Corrado? That car was an absolute blast to drive

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Damn, that looks clean. My brother in law used to have one for autocross. I got to drive it once and had a blast. I like that it’s FR, so the tail doesn’t slide as readily
Yeah, the balance and handling is great. It was modded when I got it, wheels breaking loose even at highway speeds. I took all that off to pass smog. It still handles like a go-kart without it.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Front lip and wheels make it look much more modern. No way that looks like a 35 year old car.
Thanks! It's pretty nice inside, as well - Cayman seats, newer speakers, Alcantara dash, Coco mats. LED parking lights, too.

IMG_20200625_175248.jpg

IMG_20200625_211753.jpg

I learned a ton working on this car. But I'm probably going to sell it now that it's in great running shape.

Latest posts