ITT: Pocket knives

Help Support Talkbeer:

Knives are one of my other hobbies. Always pack a folder on a day to day basis and fixed blades go with me camping. Just got this Spyderco Stretch in Superblue steel in the mail that I've been waiting on for 9 months, and thought it would be a good time to start this thread. I see quite a few clips sticking out of pockets at beer fests and bars, so I know I'm not the only one here. What's in your pocket?

I actually found this one while backpacking a few years ago.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/690

I thought it looked nice, didn't realize how nice it was until I showed it to a friend.
Whoa, super nice score. I found a cheap mora backpacking once but already had something similar. Left it for the next guy. Not my picture:

Went fixed after I had the thumb button on my Gerber get caught on the edge of a bench and open the knife while clipped in my pocket. Swung the palm of my hand right onto the tip of the blade. Lesson I didn't want to learn twice.

Complete with the micarta handles too! Can't go wrong with micarta and 1095. I own a few ESEEs in that setup myself.

My EDC (I really want to start an EDC thread) knife is a SOG Flash II. I abuse the hell out of it but for every day use, it does the job.
I used to carry this(black blade) but it was too bulky for me. Switched to the one ehammond1 posted.

Before that I used to carry this until I stop seeing them on shelves.

Now it just sits in my cellar safe.

Complete with the micarta handles too! Can't go wrong with micarta and 1095. I own a few ESEEs in that setup myself.
Amazon was the only place I found the BK-11 half serrated and it came with the handles for ~60$. As long as you're somewhere you can wave a knife around the butt of the handle has a handy bottle opener too.

My two everyday knives -

Benchmark AFO II

And for all the boxes I open at work each day

I have about 20 more at home I'll have to take pics of later
I used to sell tools at Sears and picked up a couple folding Craftsman folding box cutters. One of them was the "premium" model with wood inlay handled similar to yours. The quality was surprisingly excellent and it was made in America. All for about $10! I lost it to TSA when I accidentally had it packed in my carry on. You'd have thought by their reaction I had a dead baby in my bag.

I used to sell tools at Sears and picked up a couple folding Craftsman folding box cutters. One of them was the "premium" model with wood inlay handled similar to yours. The quality was surprisingly excellent and it was made in America. All for about $10! I lost it to TSA when I accidentally had it packed in my carry on. You'd have thought by their reaction I had a dead baby in my bag.
Not sure of the maker of this one pretty sure it's not Craftsman though , I've had it going on five years now and use it everyday , it's been used and abused but is holding up like a champ , it's pretty heavy weighing 0.40 , and it's solid , surviving the numerous times it's been dropped .

Not knocking your Ron Swanson hobby, I think it's awesome, but how often do you guys actually find yourselves using these blades on a daily basis?

I use mine everyday , I do shipping and receiving and open at least 100 boxes per day , I use the benchmark more for cutting thick plastic straps

Yeah I figured it would vary based on the line of work everyone does. I sell beer for a living and open lots of cases everyday, but now most people use glue instead of tape for beer cases. Maybe I should start carrying a knife just because. ZFG.