Quantcast

ITT: Pocket knives

Help Support Talkbeer:

Random purchase at my beer shop no less.

Got a Southern Grind Badmonkey drop point Emerson with carbon fiber handle.

Nice ass knife. The hook that makes it self deploy is pretty nice. Sits nice and deep in the pocket and is a substantial knife when open.

My beer store here, the owner is good friends with Zac Brown and infact assist with Zac’s winery and booze purchasing due to certain laws I’m guessing.

Anywho- got a banging deal on it. Look forward to trying to destroy it so I can take it to Zac next time he’s in, and ask about my warranty.

Nice.

My confession: I have a few nice pocket knives, but have been using a little replaceable blade utility knife the most recently. Always super sharp and I'm not afraid to cut stuff like rubber mats on concrete.

Most every thing I do is either in the garage/barn where all my tools are, or I throw wrenches etc. In a bucket if I need to work on something out in the fields. So I don't use my multitools anymore much either - just one in my desk at work.

View attachment 10529
Wondering if any of you other knife geeks are still around. I’ve really been loving Opinel knives lately.
Still lurking here a bit. Two knives I bring to work — a Spyderco Ladybug for utility and an Opinel #7 for food prep. The Candiru is a little small personally, but I’ve held onto a couple ESEE 3’s, an Izula, and a Junglas. Love those carbon steels!

Still lurking here a bit. Two knives I bring to work — a Spyderco Ladybug for utility and an Opinel #7 for food prep. The Candiru is a little small personally, but I’ve held onto a couple ESEE 3’s, an Izula, and a Junglas. Love those carbon steels!
I’m a big ESEE fan. Besides the little guy, I have a PR4 and JG5. Looking to add another soon, just can’t decide which.

I know this website is dead but I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while as I’ve recently gotten the knife bug again. Here’s my modest collection...6ADE4A62-E5E2-489A-8F26-057A6408964F.jpeg

I got the Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System with the upgrade kit delivered today. I’d recommend it. Got the Leek scary sharp.

Last edited:

Latest posts