Quantcast

ITT smokers, no not you ObiWanKushnobi LYMI (The BBQ and smoked meats thread)

Help Support Talkbeer:

So for the past couple years I've been using a dual top gas/charcoal brinkman with a sidebox smoker as my workhorse BBQ setup.

The other night a grease flare up went nova, to the point of emptying a fire extinguisher on that bitch and I'm now in the market for an upgrade.

Lacking a convenient electric outlet in the backyard, and being a renter, I'm looking for something manual.

Hosting a large number of people, I'd like something with a good amount of space.

Being an alcoholic, I'd like something low maintenance with good heat retention, ideally in the sub 600 dollar range.

Come at me brahs.

I know some people with big green eggs, not sure how much they cost, but nice meat comes out of them.
Comparable to the big green egg but much cheaper would be a Komodo. They are fantastic and highly recommended.
I have a Komodo on the wedding registry, but it doesn't seem to have the volume of space I'm looking for when I have a bunch of people over, and while you can smoke using it, it's not really designed for it.

The first one I ever had was an electric. I liked it but the heating element ended up burning out.

Then I got this propane powered one. I love it. Very low maintenance. It has a cast iron wood tray so it's very easy to maintain consistent heat which obviously is the most important thing.

The first one I ever had was an electric. I liked it but the heating element ended up burning out.

Then I got this propane powered one. I love it. Very low maintenance. It has a cast iron wood tray so it's very easy to maintain consistent heat which obviously is the most important thing.
Forgot to say. Almost the best part is that I got it as a floor display item at Lowes for $100.

Latest posts