ITT: Video Games

Help Support Talkbeer:

Was gonna pick it up but I've been frugal lately. Planning on checking out that new No Man's Sky update tonight.
If you are the type of person that likes to weigh out the price of a game vs the amount of hours played on it, you will easily get your moneys worth.

If you are the type of person that likes to weigh out the price of a game vs the amount of hours played on it, you will easily get your moneys worth.
Yeah I put a fuckload of hours on the last DS game. I just moved and I'm barely setup to game on the TV, but my PC is ready. I'll pick it up eventually

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Ok, so the last game i really enjoyed was Firewatch, i'm super digging the narrative exploratory stuff, idk maybe i'm getting older. Plz2recommend similar games while i wait for Doom Eternal. On XB1. Thx

Ok, so the last game i really enjoyed was Firewatch, i'm super digging the narrative exploratory stuff, idk maybe i'm getting older. Plz2recommend similar games while i wait for Doom Eternal. On XB1. Thx
I haven’t actually played it yet but I’ve heard great things about Outer Wilds.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Life is Strange
what remains of edith finch
The vanishing of Ethan carter
The Long Dark
Ok so i guess i should have mentioned i played Edith Finch and loved it, i played Ethan Carter and loved that too. I got the Long Dark ages ago and played i think 4 times before moving on, so i'll go back to that. I haven't done Life is Strange, so i'll look into that.

Thank you :)

I haven’t actually played it yet but I’ve heard great things about Outer Wilds.
Thank you too :)

Just finished AC:Origins on PS4 and Octopath on Switch.

Put probably 90+ hours into Origins over around 3 months getting the Platinum and beating all the DLC. I really like the transition into this type of game over the stale formula it was running with. I don't understand the issues people had with Bayek - I thought he was a solid protagonist. I need a break before jumping into AC:Odyssey though.

Octopath I had since launch and finally beat it. Took around 75+ hours. I thought the beginning was fantastic, but man, does the story dragggggg in the middle/end. The last boss changed my tune a bit and this is one of the best soundtracks in gaming, hands down. Strong Uematsu vibes.

Playing Assassins Creed Origins... I never had a PS3/360, so I've been gradually working my way through the entire series. Got Platinums in every one up til this one (excluding Chronicles) and was kind of dreading starting this one since I was starting to burn out on the mechanics and game flow.

I'm totally loving it so far though. I really like the RPG mechanics so far, and the fact that the horse doesn't get stuck on 1-inch high ledges makes it worthwhile to actually ride one.

Also thinking of grabbing Overcooked for some multiplayer fun at the lake house this year, but kind of balking at having to buy 2 more controllers. We love Jackbox since everyone can just use their phones. That game does look like a blast though.
BTW - I did buy Overcooked and found a great deal on FB Marketplace on two controllers. Had an amazing time with it. Highly recommend.

It's just more fun when there's communication. And not 13 year olds who call everyone gay slurs.
I'll download it tonight. I need to clear some space first. I've never played Warzone but I have played a decent bit of CoD over the years. And obviously I've played battlefield games before (with you).

Reactions: vav

Latest posts