J. Wakefield OG's Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few friends joined this, I have to say I'm intrigued to see what his beer is like after all the praise his stuff has garnered.

I joined as well, I'm intrigued to see what comes of it. I have heard great things about his beer and am happy to support his endeavor. Hope everything goes smoothly as he gets this off the ground and am excited to try out some of his berliners.

There may as well be a thread for the J. Wakefield OG's community. If some of you Floridians have some inside info on what we can expect for OG releases in 2014, post it!

I went to the "charity" tap takeover and had their Rum BA RIS, 2 different Berliners, Mate Bliss, Master blaster, and IPA....

I was speechless, for I no longer had an esophagus

K1C6tAo.jpg

Was too busy drooling all over myself to snap a pic of the glass when it was full. In!

I'm in.

Don't know what to expect just yet, but I do know he's been brewing with Cigar City for the last couple of months. Every time I'm at CCB I see him working in the old brewhouse.

From the Crowdbrewed campaign,

Includes:
  • Minimum six 750mL releases
  • Includes Dragonfruit Passionfruit Florida Weisse
  • Includes one BA Imperial Stout
  • Includes tshirt and OG glass
  • Includes two OG surprises (private events and/or special releases)

My big questions:
  • How many bottles are included in our $300?
  • How many bottles will we get to purchase of these 750mL releases in addition to what is considered a part of the membership?
  • Will there be tekus?

I felt no need to sign up. I don't make it down south too much, and he's at every festival anyways. I've always only had his Berliners and while they are un****ingbelievable, dropping the money on his other stuff is a bit iffy for me

My wife and beer group teamed up and surprised me with an OG membership for my birthday. So yeah, I'm in. I'm also mildly in love with the man. Don't judge.

As for the bottles, it includes 6 minimum (2 of which are DFPF and BA Nothing (the RIS)). He said he wants the number to be 8 or more, but can only guarantee 6 at this point. No idea what additional bottles might be available for purchase. I suspect that tekus may be an option at some point, since he's a man of the people.

My wife and beer group teamed up and surprised me with an OG membership for my birthday. So yeah, I'm in. I'm also mildly in love with the man. Don't judge.

As for the bottles, it includes 6 minimum (2 of which are DFPF and BA Nothing (the RIS)). He said he wants the number to be 8 or more, but can only guarantee 6 at this point. No idea what additional bottles might be available for purchase. I suspect that tekus may be an option at some point, since he's a man of the people.

I guess my big concern is that we'll only be offered a single bottle of each of these OG releases.

I guess my big concern is that we'll only be offered a single bottle of each of these OG releases.
Yeah, I mean we're guaranteed a single bottle of each, included with membership. Beyond that is anybody's guess, but I really would love the opportunity to buy a second or even third bottle. I'm sure that beyond the first year, he'll be able to expand production to a point to put out more, but only time will tell.

Anyone else having trouble ordering more donor bottles? I have signed in then clicked add( trying to buy one at a time) but nothing shows up in my shopping cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back