Jackie O's 8th Anniversary Extravaganza 12/14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieMurphy1

Reaction score
I'm definitely pretty bummed that they're discontinuing the STAFF program, which has been an awesome experience, even as a way out of stater.

But, I'm also really pumped to be returning to another Jackie O's Anniversary rager this year! Who's in? Who's tried this year's STAFF releases? I haven't picked up anything yet, but loved last year's Skipping Pappy and BB Kopi Dark App and was very impressed with the depth oflasting fruit flavor amidst the intensity of sourness in Lucile & Evelyn.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in for this one. I'd like to think I'm a little more intelligent than I was last year and I'll be showing up Friday rather than early Saturday :oops:.

Probably only 5 to 6 bottles will be released on 12/14. Funky South Paw, Berliner Weisse, Barrel aged Providence, Rum Barrel Oil, not sure about the last one or two. 40+ different drafts.

Only 5 or 6. Hah! I can't wait to try to make my way through those taps...

It's the same day as 4Elf! What the hell am I supposed to do?!
As things stand.....

I commit to nothing. And it hurts.
Advantage: Jackie O's? 4Elf has gotten messy. I want the party and release separated so one doesn't mess up the other. Jackie O's is always awesome. And close to home.

It's the same day as 4Elf! What the hell am I supposed to do?!
As things stand.....

I commit to nothing. And it hurts.
Advantage: Jackie O's? 4Elf has gotten messy. I want the party and release separated so one doesn't mess up the other. Jackie O's is always awesome. And close to home.
Jackie O's is family!

if all goes well, will finally make it to one of these despite living 90 minutes away.

Excited.gif

For anyone who's never been, it's totally worth it. I drove 12 hours from northern NY 2 years ago and will be flying in from CA this year.

Btw, if anyone wants to pick me up at the airport (Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, PHL, MDW, STL, <-doesnt really matter) that'd be cool/I'll beer you.

For anyone who's never been, it's totally worth it. I drove 12 hours from northern NY 2 years ago and will be flying in from CA this year.

Btw, if anyone wants to pick me up at the airport (Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, PHL, MDW, STL, <-doesnt really matter) that'd be cool/I'll beer you.
What about Indy, Cincy, or C-bus?

Look at flights into Dayton, almost always the cheapest airfare in OH. Also, if prices are not too bad you may want to consider flying into the tiny airport in Parkersburg, WV - really short drive to Athens and a really easy airport to fly out of (like be-there-30-minutes-before-your-flight-leaves easy). Would want to have someone pick you up though - no on site car rentals.

My experience with the STAFF stouts was completely variable - 1 of the 3 BA Kopi DA was a drainpour and the other two were drinkable (the best of the three being one I drank last month). Bourbon Oil were all drinkable but not what it was fresh. I still have a DA Nuts that I am concerned about as well, especially after they acknowledged the issues with that one...

What's the chances anything is left about a week later
Let me expand on this: Jackie O's has always limited bottle release sales to release day. Whatever is left over (usually very little) is kept by the staff in their cellar either for personal consumption later or for future sales (this has only happened once in the past two plus years). However, you will be able to purchase their canned offerings (Mystic Mama, Chomolungma Brown, and Firefly Amber) around most of southern Ohio, at this point.

Let me expand on this: Jackie O's has always limited bottle release sales to release day. Whatever is left over (usually very little) is kept by the staff in their cellar either for personal consumption later or for future sales (this has only happened once in the past two plus years). However, you will be able to purchase their canned offerings (Mystic Mama, Chomolungma Brown, and Firefly Amber) around most of southern Ohio, at this point.
Plus there will be many good things on tap. Probably not much left of the 40 from release day, but the 20 or so regular offerings they always have are well worth a trip.

You can get their cans in Toledo now!

I'm assuming the lineup is ridiculous these days? I hit the December 2009 release back when Jackie O's were still minnows and was able to get most of everything even arriving at 1030am.

Back