Jack's Abby questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rau711

Reaction score
People of talk beer, I am coming out of my unnoticed retirement to ask about availability/cost of some Jack's Abbey beers for my cousin.

Smoked maple logger
Smoked dagger
Fire in the ham
Brewery maker
Vanilla barrel framing hammer
PB&J framing hammer

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

People of talk beer, I am coming out of my unnoticed retirement to ask about availability/cost of some Jack's Abbey beers for my cousin.

Smoked maple logger
Smoked dagger
Fire in the ham
Brewery maker
Vanilla barrel framing hammer
PB&J framing hammer

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty sure smoke and dagger is year round. Fire in the ham is seasonal I believe.

Bride maker and the BA framinghammer variants are yearly releases (typically).

And I think smoked maple lager was a one off collab with Lawson's a few years back.

Keep in mind this is off the top of my head so I could be wrong about everything i just wrote. I'm in Boston and can look around for some of them if you're interested.

People of talk beer, I am coming out of my unnoticed retirement
I noticed :oops:

Anyway, the smoked maple lager was a one time collab in 2013 - it was trash (please no one dig up a post where I said I liked it).

Smoke & dagger is year round ~$10/6pk of 12 oz bottles, Fire in the Ham is out now and probably $4 for a 500ml bottle. No idea if they've bottled coffee smoke & dagger, but that beer is great.

PB&J and Brewery Maker are brewery only (I think), but Vanilla Framinghammer gets distro'ed - all probably $10-15 for a 500ml bottle.

Their website actually says everything all the beers you listed (except the lager) are available there now, but the page hasn't been updated in a month
http://jacksabby.com/visit/#beers

Maybe someone more local to the brewery help out if everything is still there (like Don who seems to have turned into a full time mule).

I noticed :oops:

Anyway, the smoked maple lager was a one time collab in 2013 - it was trash (please no one dig up a post where I said I liked it).

Smoke & dagger is year round ~$10/6pk of 12 oz bottles, Fire in the Ham is out now and probably $4 for a 500ml bottle. No idea if they've bottled coffee smoke & dagger, but that beer is great.

PB&J and Brewery Maker are brewery only (I think), but Vanilla Framinghammer gets distro'ed - all probably $10-15 for a 500ml bottle.

Their website actually says everything all the beers you listed (except the lager) are available there now, but the page hasn't been updated in a month
http://jacksabby.com/visit/#beers

Maybe someone more local to the brewery help out if everything is still there (like Don who seems to have turned into a full time mule).
I'll actually be at the brewery tomorrow to grab some stuff to send for the gang bang I can take a look.

And apparently mule has negative conotations I prefer alpaca k thx

So what's the verdict here? I haven't been paying much attention to beer, would a few of the Firestone brewery only releases get most of these done, some? For reference this is what he is looking for in a perfect world, would take what is there.
6 pack of smoke and dagger
1 bottle of fire and ham
1 brewery maker
1 PB&J
1 Vanilla Framing hammer

Last edited:
So what's the verdict here? I haven't been paying much attention to beer, would a few of the Firestone brewery only releases get most of these done, some? For reference this is what he is looking for in a perfect world, would take what is there.
6 pack of smoke and dagger
1 bottle of fire and ham
1 brewery maker
1 PB&J
1 Vanilla Framing hammer

The framminghammer variants should be getting released again relatively soon (not positive though). Either way, yes, some FW brewery only releases should easily get this done. Also like Don said, I'm sure he or I or any other Boston local can help out for cash and a label.

The framminghammer variants should be getting released again relatively soon (not positive though). Either way, yes, some FW brewery only releases should easily get this done. Also like Don said, I'm sure he or I or any other Boston local can help out for cash and a label.
Cash and label would work too. Whatever is best for whoever happens to go to the brewery next.

I might be misremembering, but I thought the framminghammer variants come out in the spring, March or April? Anyhow, vanilla and coffee get distro to ny and I think ct now, the other variants are all brewery only. Baby maker and bride maker also saw distro to my area if I recall

I might be misremembering, but I thought the framminghammer variants come out in the spring, March or April? Anyhow, vanilla and coffee get distro to ny and I think ct now, the other variants are all brewery only. Baby maker and bride maker also saw distro to my area if I recall
Thevicster is correct on the timing of the Framinghammer release(s).

Back