US - Southwest Jester King Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

So I guess Jester King is going to be distributing to Nebraska now? I'm surprised but I'll gladly take it! So long as I can hoard Petit Prince!
They've distro'ed to other states for years now through Shelton Brothers... I remember seeing Mad Meg and Petit Prince on shelves in Rhode Island when my cousin got married in 2013. I think it's just sporadic.

They've distro'ed to other states for years now through Shelton Brothers... I remember seeing Mad Meg and Petit Prince on shelves in Rhode Island when my cousin got married in 2013. I think it's just sporadic.
They skipped the Shelton Bros guy in Nebraska and went through someone else. I am curious to see if it's just sporadic or what. Either way, I'm not complaining!

My last trip up to Michigan, I saw RU55, Black Metal and Repose with a lot of the normal shelf-750s in the Detroit area. I was surprised.

^^^...actually I was referring to their hype days. but their overall fruits have become less pungent over the past 2 years as well. still good. and spon is fine as well

^^^...actually I was referring to their hype days. but their overall fruits have become less pungent over the past 2 years as well. still good. and spon is fine as well
Good IMO. The fruit intensity was bordering too intense, and masking the mixed culture character.

Reactions: air
While there's natural variation in how we make beer, our fruit beers, recipes, ratios, etc. have not changed, so I'd push back against the notion that they're more or less "pungent".

Even More Jeppe info....

INTRODUCING EVEN MORE METAL / RELEASED DOOM FORGE DAY JAN. 26TH
January 21, 2019

We're pleased to introduce EVEN MORE METAL, our latest collaboration with Evil Twin Brewing! Even More Metal is a farmhouse imperial stout aged in maple bourbon barrels and finished with Ugandan vanilla beans smoked in-house at our kitchen! It will be released at Noon at Jester King on Doom Forge Day, January 26th.

Back in 2017, our friend Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø of Evil Twin came to Jester King to fill some bourbon barrels that previously held maple syrup. We filled the barrels with our Black Metal Farmhouse Imperial Stout. After about a year of aging, we added Ugandan vanilla beans that we smoked in one of our kitchen's wood-fired ovens. The beer was then blended and naturally conditioned through refermentation in bottles and kegs.

Even More Metal is 11.4% alcohol by volume. It will be available by the glass and in bottles to go (750ml/$28) starting at Noon on January 26th as part of Doom Forge Day. We have about 1,000 bottles, and the bottle limit is one per customer per day.

Even More Metal is our third collaboration with Evil Twin following World's Worst Twin and Even More Jeppe. Like all Jester King beers, the artwork is by JOSH COCKRELL. Photography by GRANGER COATS of Jester King.

Cheers!

These collabs with Jeppe have all been pretty good, especially 'Even More Jeppe'. Hopefully it lasts till next weekend so I can nab a bottle (got a funeral this weekend to attend).

While there's natural variation in how we make beer, our fruit beers, recipes, ratios, etc. have not changed, so I'd push back against the notion that they're more or less "pungent".
I'd say they have become more muted in general...more drinkable if you will. And that's not a bad thing.
This was my summation from going close to a year between tastings after consistently having JK almost monthly over the previous few years.

To me, this would be difficult for one who drinks/tastes nonstop to notice this change as opposed to a fairly large gap in the tastings.
Kind of like finally noticing you have lost weight after a year.

^Could be. But it's also a fairly shared sentiment among a few of my "beer friends." Maybe it's just us.

^^^ah...you never really had intentions of heading down the 35S beatdown...just trying to weed out the poseurs.
I've been betting on football since 1996...never tempted to head down.
JK's anti-football/athletic/holiday stance is actually off putting.

Latest posts