Kane A Night To End All Dawns (ANTEAD) 2014 Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Os

Reaction score
Kane release is official!

https://www.facebook.com/KaneBrewin...0621064988364/727380120645786/?type=1&theater

A Night To End All Dawn bottles will be released at the brewery this Saturday, May 3 starting at noon. This year's A Night To End All Dawns is a 12.4% Imperial Stout aged in Four Roses bourbon barrels for approximately a year.

We also bottled three variants aged on specialty ingredients that compliment the complex flavors in the beer. The three are Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans, Roasted Cacao Beans, and Dark Roast Coffee from Rook Coffee.

This year's release is more than twice the size of our first. We have close to 125 cases of A Night To End All Dawn and approximately 50 cases each of the three variants. All bottles are $16.

I might need to employ your muling services if there are liberal limits. Six and I are heading up to Tree House /Night Shift/Trillium that day instead.

Hah we'll see if I go. Jealous of your trip though

gonna try to make it to kane this sat for the release if anyone wants to have some beers, you goin there phil? iL0VEbeer if i cant make it hook a brother up with some bottles !

yeah... I have a BBQ to attend... so I'm basically picking up and rolling out

Arrgh! Definitely throws a wrench in my plans, but Tired Hands can wait. What time you think you need to get there? I was thinking 11?

12 lol. There's like 3,000+ bottles...
total sure, but only 600 each of the variants. that's not a lot. Two Roads had 690 each of their Nor'Yeaster release a couple weekends ago and they were gone by 4 PMish. That was at 2 bottles of each per. And for far less desirable beer.

total sure, but only 600 each of the variants. that's not a lot. Two Roads had 690 each of their Nor'Yeaster release a couple weekends ago and they were gone by 4 PMish. That was at 2 bottles of each per. And for far less desirable beer.

True but most people who go to Kane won't be hoarding more than a couple $16 ANTEAD variants.

Unfortunately, I have a big brew day planned so I can not make it. Can one of you fine gentleman pick me up some?
reverse-1313397867_cat_begging.gif

that was like 300 bottles total though, right? for a single beer? (just trying to convince myself that this won't be a ********)

I've seen at least 50 posts on the Kane facebook announcement all asking about bottle limits. Just saying, I could see this being a little crazy.

My personal guess (hope?) is 4 of regular and 2 of each variant. But we'll see

Kinda hoping this sticks around for a bit since I cant get back home for a while and I really wanted to load up on this one. Im sure my buddies will be there Saturday though.

Personally I think chocolate is kinda redundant with an Imperial Stout but I'll be interested to try it. Mainly interested in Vanilla and Coffee. God knows if I wind up going I'll max out

sounds like a great release.

would anyone here mind updating this thread around 2-3 on Saturday with how the brewery looks, such as line out the door, inventory prospects, etc? I won't be able to arrive until 3 or 4, and I just wanted to see if it's even worth stopping by, in the case that everything is sold out, since it's quite a trek for me.

Personally I think chocolate is kinda redundant with an Imperial Stout but I'll be interested to try it. Mainly interested in Vanilla and Coffee. God knows if I wind up going I'll max out
The vanilla is pretty damn amazing. This release would have been so much better had it happened on the originally rumored day which would have been my last day at my old job and therefore i wouldn't have given a **** if i just got drunk and didnt show up. Now its my first weekend at my new job so yeah I gotta hit it and quit it pick up my bottles and leave :( gregkoko bm me there's a thing going on in BK wednesday night you may enjoy but i can't post it.

The vanilla is pretty damn amazing. This release would have been so much better had it happened on the originally rumored day which would have been my last day at my old job and therefore i wouldn't have given a **** if i just got drunk and didnt show up. Now its my first weekend at my new job so yeah I gotta hit it and quit it pick up my bottles and leave :( gregkoko bm me there's a thing going on in BK wednesday night you may enjoy but i can't post it.

I'll be watching the Rangers game but appreciate it

From that other site

I just wanted to chime in on the concerns over bottle limits. To reiterate, this is our largest bottle release in total by a significant margin. The most we've done prior to this was about 1500 bottles, and there will be around 3200 bottles available Saturday. Other than BA Morning Bell, which was 200 bottles, we've not yet sold out on a release day. The individual variants are limited, but collectively there are more bottles of variants than there are of regular, totaling about 1800 bottles - by themselves more than any prior release. And there are still 1400+ bottles of regular A Night to End All Dawns to go along with them.

We are confident those of you that show up at a reasonable time on Saturday will have no problem getting what you want. That being said, if we're way off, and at 11:45 there are several hundred people waiting in the parking lot, we will lower the limits to help ensure that you do.

We genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm about this beer, and hope to see you on Saturday.

Glenn
Kane Brewing

Last edited:
Just what I wanted to do. Stand in line in Kane's parking lot all morning. The only variant I would like more than 4 bottles of is Vanilla.

Back