KBBS

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hi guys,

I planned to come in NYC this summer.
Do you think I could trade a KBBS (last batch) for few lambics ?

I have in my basement
Cantillon : fou', nath, lpf, gueuze 2002, st lamvinus, vigneronne, mamouche
3f : gb, Framboos, oude Kriek Toast

In your opinion wich and how many of these bottles should I give for a KBBS ?

Thanks for your lights !

And if I really wants some shitlord brown water, wich ones could you recommand me ?

I thought about Maman, BA Abraxas, some Angry Chair like German Chocolat cupcake, some Bottles Logic maybe ?

I'm not very aware of the good IS I could find..

And if I really wants some shitlord brown water, wich ones could you recommand me ?

I thought about Maman, BA Abraxas, some Angry Chair like German Chocolat cupcake, some Bottles Logic maybe ?

I'm not very aware of the good IS I could find..
I’d suggest something like Summagick, which would take around 2-3 from your list. What adjuncts do you like? If you want something super sweet, then Angry Chair is your ticket.

I’d suggest something like Summagick, which would take around 2-3 from your list. What adjuncts do you like? If you want something super sweet, then Angry Chair is your ticket.
don't knows this one, I would consider it. bourbon or rum barrel is my favorite. No really preference for the adjuncts.
For exemple I tried and loved Pirate Noir & Bomb, Fundamental Observation, Coconut B-Bomb

I would just pound Brooklyn black chocolate stouts and FBS but that's just me.
I think I could find these ones in France and that's not shitlord stuf !

It's not fully into the brownie realm, but I really enjoy Hill Farmstead's BA stouts... Damon, Rum Genealogy of Morals, Beyond Good and Evil, and perhaps some others (Madness and Civilization 7 or 10 are some of the better ones of that series, Birth of Tragedy, 500mL bourbon BA GoM) should be easy enough to find in Boston with your FT. I don't know the first thing about them being good or not, but Trillium has been pumping out some BA stouts that seem more in the pastry realm too.

If you've gotta have your holy grail KBBS, some batches can definitely be obtained with shipping and your FT, but you'll probably be a bit disappointed getting 12oz of hypestout for 4+ bottles of good lambic. Most of the astronomically high trading beers tend to be a bit of a letdown (especially when you consider the cost of entry).

Thanks for your detailed response !
Yes I'm sure there is plenty of other nice stouts less hyped than kbbs I could try.

If I don't find a trade for a kbbs I will be happy with others nice beers.

Latest posts