KEENE NH beer help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmush1

Reaction score
My parents are in Keene, NH and wanted to know if they can pick up some beer for me at a store they are at (Brewtopia). I can't say, get me anything that looks good because they will bring me back Sam Adams.
are there any locals that I should tell them to grab? I see they have Mead there too, so if Moonlight Meadery is good, which one should I ask for?

My parents are in Keene, NH and wanted to know if they can pick up some beer for me at a store they are at (Brewtopia). I can't say, get me anything that looks good because they will bring me back Sam Adams.
are there any locals that I should tell them to grab? I see they have Mead there too, so if Moonlight Meadery is good, which one should I ask for?

Sorry, saw this probably too late. NH has pretty shitty distribution, but that store is pretty good. Most of the good local NH breweries aren't bottling yet, but I do like Kelsen & Throwback to some degree. Henniker & Out.haus are okay. Nepenthe/603 are skippable. They could check for maybe some Smuttynose Smuttlabs stuff that might not get distributed out of state.

On the meads... I think I like Sap House better, but Moonlight has a million different kinds.

Last edited:
On the meads... I think I like Sap House better, but Moonlight has a million different kinds.

Agreed 100%. Every Sap House I've had impressed me and I met one of the guys at a tasting and they seemed like cool people.

Moonlight has a lot of variety - that's about the one nice thing I can say about them.

Good call on the Smuttlabs. I think they just came out with a new one infused with mushrooms or something weird like that. I'm not sure if it made it that far west, but there's a chance that store could have gotten and still has Blue Lobster's Paul's Boutique (officially "Broke Ass Hobbie" - it's expensive and slow to sell around here.

Back