Kennett Brewfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my review.

We went to the connoisseur session. If you're on this site, you'll want to do the conn session. It's an hour and a half of the better beers. General session still has a lot of good stuff, but you'll get bored quickly. It took about half an hour to get all the regular session people in (conn session gets to stay for regular as well), so get there early.

Reasons I went were that it was fairly close and had HF as well as a lot of other stuff not available in MD. HF had Abner, Madness & Civilization 1, and Civil Disobedience 6 (though we only knew about Abner in advance). HF line was the longest but never more than 5 minutes. The worst part was that there were several people that got in the line just because there was a line. Uhh. Anyway each was only a tiny keg, not sure the size, 1/12 maybe? Looked like half of a sixtel, maybe a little more. Skipped over the Abner even though that is amazing. CD 6 was amazing the last time I had it and did not disappoint. Got 4 oz of CD 6. They started poring M&C1 after Abner kicked. I managed to get about 18oz of M&C1. No one was in line, so I just stood there. I was fairly drunk at the end of the conn session obviously.

Other highlights of the conn session:
Forest & Main - everything from them was excellent
Pizza Boy - solid flavorful stuff
Tired Hands - probably the best pumpkin beer I've ever had
DFH didn't even bother to show up
Goose Island, Victory, Stone, Allagash brought nonconn worthy beers. Sux.

Oh yeah. There was plenty of water, and the conn session gets a nice meal as well with the price of the ticket. Decent amount of bathrooms.

General session:

So I had a founders breakfast stout, and it tasted like water after the M&C1.
Other notables: cigar city jai alai, half acre daisy cutter, 4 andechs beers including dopplebock dunkel, founders all day.

Voodoo was the highlight of the general session.

I could have left after the conn session and not missed much.

We went to Half Moon for dinner. They have craft beers. Nothing interesting after the festival but still solid. Their food is very good though.

Oh yeah almost forgot. A very generous brewer let me try some Mimosa. It was amazing. Will be supporting his brewery in the future. He also had some great homebrew including a Stille Nacht Reserva clone that was pretty close to spot on.

Back