Kuhnhenn March Meadness 2014 Details Posted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylansaves

Reaction score
From Frank @ Kuhnhenn:

"Well mead lovers, one week until March Meadness. This year there are a few things different about the Madness. One if them is that there will be fewer releases. This is due to two issues. One is that the extreme cold has absolutely slowed fermentation to a glacial crawl. Second, my big fermentor was out of commision for several months.

The other big difference is that all releases will be on Saturday mornings(1st,8th,15th,22nd) starting at 11p.m. If more meads becomeavailable, we will do a release on the 29th.

We will release four meads each Saturday. The releases will be posted the Thursday before each release(along with prices and limits).

As of now, the French Toast isn't ready. We will release it as soon as it is ready(looking like April or May).

Cheers!
Frank"

Hoorah.

Last edited:
Not to piss on the dude's rug, but if anyone wants to send some Kuhnhenn meads to Texas, I'm your guy.
tectactoe will you be heading to any of these dates?

VY1OnHI.gif

I just realized the first release is at the exact same time KBS tickets go on sale. Last year it was the same time as the Blueberry Eisbock release. Kuhnhenn plz why u do dis.

MARCH MEADNESS
First releases:
March 1, 2014 11 a.m.

Earl Grey(Barrel aged): Earl Grey tea infused Michigan Wildflower Mead-fermented and aged nearly three years in an oak wine barrel. $20 Limit 1

Maple Creme Sherry Pyment: This is Creme Sherry and maple syrup blended with our Sunflower Mead. Rich and nutty. $22 limit 1

Blueberry Melomel: This is Sunflower Mead flavored with copious amounts of Michigan blueberry puree. Lots of fruit with a dry finish. $18 limit 6

Meanwhile…...Apricot Chamomile: Sunflower Honey and Apricots give this mead sweetness and fruitiness. While the Chamomile gives it floral characteristics. Complex and pleasant. $18 limit 1

All limits are in effect until next release(March 8)

What the ****?

"Maximum Manhattan: This is our Manhattan Project with an additional four times the amount of cherries! It is intense and incredible. $37.50 per 375ml bottle. Limit 2"

The March Meadness releases for this Saturday will be:

Maximum Manhattan: This is our Manhattan Project with an additional four times the amount of cherries! It is intense and incredible. $37.50 per 375ml bottle. Limit 2

Meanwhile.....Blackberry Lavender: Sunflower mead with a complex blend of fruit and floral notes. $18 limit 1

Meanwhile.....Raspberry Passion Flower: Sunflower Mead with raspberries that had a dry herbal finish. $18 limit 1

Barrel Aged Michigan Wildflower Mead: This is a Wildflower mead that aged in an oak barrel for nearly three years. $20 limit 1

Anyone in this thread know a Jacob who lives near kuhnhenn? If so can you please message me. His BA name is jacob with a whole bunch of numbers. I have a box for him but cant get his address out of beermail over there.

How do I acquire one of these Earl Grey meads? I will suck someone's dick for it, but I don't have any idea what these trade for and have never rolled deep in the mead game. BM me.

Love,
Zach

By the way, did anyone actually believe this comment or did they just take it as the usual, "I'm from Kuhnhenn, therefore I'm a disorganized mess"
I just assumed they misplaced their heaters.

Anyone in this thread know a Jacob who lives near kuhnhenn? If so can you please message me. His BA name is jacob with a whole bunch of numbers. I have a box for him but cant get his address out of beermail over there.
I've traded with him....not sure I still have his info as I can't access old BMs over yonder. I will see if it's in my fedex/UPS history. Like Jacob499999 or some ****, right?

I've traded with him....not sure I still have his info as I can't access old BMs over yonder. I will see if it's in my fedex/UPS history. Like Jacob499999 or some ****, right?
Yea that's him - he's my regular Kuhnhenn hookup. Awesome dude.

Someone already sent me his phone number and I was able to contact him.

Thanks for the response!

What do ya think that cherry mead will trade for prob going up there today if someone wanted to work something out.

Was not a fan of the Sec (maybe it'd be good paired with some food, but on its own I didn't care for it).

Also didn't find the new Blackheart all that great. I wished I could have just done three pours of Black Agnes for the Black Flight.

Blackberry Sec was alright, but I prefer sweeter meads, so the regular Blackberry kills it IMO. I thought Black Heart was damn good, but yeah, Black Agnes stole the show... Simply amazing. Honestly in the same league as Heart of Darkness for me (& maybe even better considering it's 1/3rd the price).

Also had a chance to try the Apple Cinnamon mead when I was there... Surprisingly it might be my least favorite from them thus far... I was expecting it to be tops for me, but it was much boozier than expected.

Oh Kuhnhenn, how I love thee.....
via fb:

Kuhnhenn Brewing Co.
How 'bout some name suggestions for this Sunday's bottle release... yeah, that's right, we're having a limited bottle release this Sunday as part of our St. Paddy's Weekend.
We're calling it our Spring PREquinox Release.

We will be selling pre-packed six packs (limit 1-6pk per person; price TBD), 3 bottles each of Michigan Mud and our latest...
...an Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged American Imperial Stout, super silky and chewy all at once, and weighing in at a massive 12.9% ABV.

Yeah...that must be the rumored American Imperial Stout that went into barrels. Super loved the American Imperial so I'm gonna have to make the run. Also, I am naming this beer and demanding my 6 for free if they use my name (which they will 'cuz it's sweet). Also the last bottles of Michigan Mud were amazing but since then I have been disappoint by it on draft when they bust it out...wonder if it's a new batch?

New batch is likely.
I am debating this run on Sunday. What time do they typically open?

Noon Sunday. Hoping for a non-******** since its only 6 bottles of beer but who am I kidding.
Thanks. Hope not as well.
How have the mead releases been coordinated at the brewpub? At the loading door like Solstice?

Back