US - Pacific LA/OC area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I'm game for whenever, having a meeting at 4:15 but free and clear otherwise.

blue_bleeder StarRaptor 12:30 cool? I can order for everyone if times going to be an issue
I believe that will work. This is my itinerary:

Land at 905am at SNA. No luggage, picked up by car at airport. Meeting immediately when I get to my customer (hopefully by 10).
Leave there (hopefully by noon) and head to Phoenix Club then back to the airport.

If you are interested check out @thegoodbeerco on Instagram for information about next weeks grand opening weekend. I will be there Friday and Saturday if you want to say hello.

Anyone give a shit about Bottle Logic's BA stout being released tomorrow? 16oz bottle for 20 bucks, bottled yesterday, first time they've bottled a -bal on a decent scale. Pass.

Anyone give a shit about Bottle Logic's BA stout being released tomorrow? 16oz bottle for 20 bucks, bottled yesterday, first time they've bottled a -bal on a decent scale. Pass.
I only give a shit because a trading partner asked me if I could get one. Told him, if I found myself down there I would but couldn't guarantee anything. Have yet to be impressed with anything from them enough to make the hour drive down.

Had it at Shelton Bros fest and it was killer...but there are a lot of reasons not to get it.

Had it at Shelton Bros fest and it was killer...but there are a lot of reasons not to get it.
I only give a shit because a trading partner asked me if I could get one. Told him, if I found myself down there I would but couldn't guarantee anything. Have yet to be impressed with anything from them enough to make the hour drive down.
While I'm sure it's a perfectly cromulent beer, the price and hastiness of the release scare me away. Many other beers like this get released after 2 days in the bottle? Plus I've not had anything better than good from BL, and today is the wurst traffic day of the year, not like it'll sell out today anyhow. I'll buy another Pugachev or bcbs 4pk instead.

LA/OC peeps: I’ll be going from Santa Clarita to San Diego this coming Sunday. I plan on stopping at MacLeod’s at opening. What other breweries should I go to? I’ve been to El Segundo, Smog City, Monkish, Eagle Rock, the Beachwoods, The Bruery, Noble, and Bottle Logic, and want to try something new. Not terribly interested in going to Golden Road but I will if I don’t get any other suggestions.

While I'm sure it's a perfectly cromulent beer, the price and hastiness of the release scare me away. Many other beers like this get released after 2 days in the bottle? Plus I've not had anything better than good from BL, and today is the wurst traffic day of the year, not like it'll sell out today anyhow. I'll buy another Pugachev or bcbs 4pk instead.
+10 for the use of cromulent.

Latest posts