Lambic Discussion Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Anyone heard about shops in Europe getting the OGV 375s via distro? 3F said they would make it out to Europe in their summer announcement.

Ok, posting another beer I drank. Hope these aren't obnoxious. Not deep on the .info, but tried to say something.

(Link to media)
Love these posts. Keep it going!

Drank the 2019 edition label (2018 cage, never stop Karel) a few nights ago. This was the batch that was put up on Etre recently. Expected huge bang upon opening, carbed for sure but nothing like early A&G deadly. Beer was fantastic. Low acidity, big mineral/slate on finish that lingered and gave way to deep nutty/autolyzed character. Nut was extremely apparent on nose. Could sniff this all day. No funk showing yet. Have two bottles to sit on so we’ll see how this develops. Would buy a case if possible, favorite gueuze I’ve had this year.

Etre just posted a massive amount of de cam beers, including smalls of the framboise lambic, framboise vlier, old kriek, bosbessen, plus 750s of Gooikoorts (so they say on facebook, but I don't see it online) and an apple lambic.

Wow.

Etre just posted a massive amount of de cam beers, including smalls of the framboise lambic, framboise vlier, old kriek, bosbessen, plus 750s of Gooikoorts (so they say on facebook, but I don't see it online) and an apple lambic.

Wow.
And the new Boon/Mikkeller acetic oude gueuze that they named for Americans. Hard pass. Also, more lambikstoemper Compton25

Edit, gooikoorts is now online. Lots of bottles at 3pp

Last edited:
Did a blind tasting last night of 13 geuze, all bottled in 2013-2014, plus one ringer. We ranked and guessed etc before reveal. Here are the bottles in order the group ranked them:

1st Oud Beersel (was every person’s 1st place choice)
2nd Moriau (3rd for me)
3rd Tilquin (4th for me)
4th Boon OG (2nd for me)
5th Girardin (6th for me)
6th Drie Fonteinen (5th for me)
6th Lindemans (11th for me)
8th De Cam (8th for me)
9th Cantillon (7th for me)
10th Mariage Parfait (9th for me)
11th Jester King Spon 2 2016 (the ringer; 10th for me)
12th De Troch (14th for me)
13th Timmermans (13th for me)
14th Hanssens (12th for me)

Tasting notes for all on my Untappd (afields9). I thought De Troch and Timmermans we’re both very bad; Hanssens majorly flawed but w redeeming qualities and ditto the Lindemans; all the rest from good to great. The group mostly agreed pretty well with the exceptions that I liked Lindemans way less than everyone else and another person liked Boon OG way less than the rest of us. All agreed that the Oud Beersel was the clear best.

I guessed Jester King, Lindemans, Boon OG, Hanssens correctly. I know which two De Troch and Timmermans were but got them switched. I was confident that the actual Girardin was Cantillon and also guessed the actual Cantillon was Girardin.

What was
Did a blind tasting last night of 13 geuze, all bottled in 2013-2014, plus one ringer. We ranked and guessed etc before reveal. Here are the bottles in order the group ranked them:

1st Oud Beersel (was every person’s 1st place choice)
2nd Moriau (3rd for me)
3rd Tilquin (4th for me)
4th Boon OG (2nd for me)
5th Girardin (6th for me)
6th Drie Fonteinen (5th for me)
6th Lindemans (11th for me)
8th De Cam (8th for me)
9th Cantillon (7th for me)
10th Mariage Parfait (9th for me)
11th Jester King Spon 2 2016 (the ringer; 10th for me)
12th De Troch (14th for me)
13th Timmermans (13th for me)
14th Hanssens (12th for me)

Tasting notes for all on my Untappd (afields9). I thought De Troch and Timmermans we’re both very bad; Hanssens majorly flawed but w redeeming qualities and ditto the Lindemans; all the rest from good to great. The group mostly agreed pretty well with the exceptions that I liked Lindemans way less than everyone else and another person liked Boon OG way less than the rest of us. All agreed that the Oud Beersel was the clear best.

I guessed Jester King, Lindemans, Boon OG, Hanssens correctly. I know which two De Troch and Timmermans were but got them switched. I was confident that the actual Girardin was Cantillon and also guessed the actual Cantillon was Girardin.
the major flaw for Hannsens?

I really like Our Beersel's kriek. I can't be alone in this, right? Such a punch of cherry, but not medicinal or overly sweet. I need to resample their gueuze sometime in the immediate future.

(Link to media)
The basic geuze is great, up their with the top tier IMO, and their special releases over the last few years have been great. I’ve doubled the amount of Oud Beersel in my cellar over the past few months.

Latest posts