Lambic Discussion Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

26A9922E-E743-4D50-8661-0DDF04C5D152.jpeg Searched the thread and did not see this posted, but apologies if this is a repost. Seeing it now, there was an invitation to peel in the lower right corner of the s 17/18 b 54 Hommage Bio. We instead had a rip in the middle that exposed this second label. Really enjoyed seeing this so figured I would share, for the label log or otherwise fye.

Got myself all excited with an email from CraftShack about some lambic. 3F Golden Blend, Hommage, and Cantillon Gueuze. Imagine the heartbreak when I go to the Golden Blend and see $34.99, immediately add 5 to my cart, then magically the price on the page updates to $60 each....frustrating, but whatever. Then I go look at the Cantillon Gueuze price... $70! HAHAHAHA.

Ok, the tea leaves didn't reveal anything, but Seawatchman's comment got me thinking about the fall pack again (if it will come, what could be in it, etc) and reminded me that at some point I had hoped to see Perzik show up in the pack.

I saw a review on IG recently that said blend 24 was really sour, and even vinegar-like. Given an Hommage I had a few months ago that was also incredibly sour (blend 28 of 17|18 season, bottled 03/15/18), it has me curious if others who have had the Perzik blends had similar or different experiences. Is other fried stuff coming out a bit softer?

Ok, the tea leaves didn't reveal anything, but Seawatchman's comment got me thinking about the fall pack again (if it will come, what could be in it, etc) and reminded me that at some point I had hoped to see Perzik show up in the pack.

I saw a review on IG recently that said blend 24 was really sour, and even vinegar-like. Given an Hommage I had a few months ago that was also incredibly sour (blend 28 of 17|18 season, bottled 03/15/18), it has me curious if others who have had the Perzik blends had similar or different experiences. Is other fried stuff coming out a bit softer?
I can’t speak for how you will personally enjoy them, but I didn’t love any particular perzik blend. They were very enjoyable, don’t get me wrong, but the speling bottles definitely were the stars of the show for me. I did think the perzik blends were a bit on the sour side as well.

I’ll sum up this rant by saying I only got 1 of the sets from open beer days and if the perziks were truly phenomenal that wouldn’t have been the case. I have very poor restraint when it comes to lambic purchases. If perziks show up in the autumn set I’ll likely buy another anyway though.

I put a blend 24 in the fridge tonight to pop next Saturday for the kiddo’s 1st bday. I’ll give the full breakdown from the people that taste it next to Bokke Pjassel.

Side note: I’m iso assemblage 91 bottles from the OBD sets. It was bottled the day before my kid was born. If I had paid attention I would have bought more at 3F for this reason alone and not the perzik blends

I can’t speak for how you will personally enjoy them, but I didn’t love any particular perzik blend. They were very enjoyable, don’t get me wrong, but the speling bottles definitely were the stars of the show for me. I did think the perzik blends were a bit on the sour side as well.

I’ll sum up this rant by saying I only got 1 of the sets from open beer days and if the perziks were truly phenomenal that wouldn’t have been the case. I have very poor restraint when it comes to lambic purchases. If perziks show up in the autumn set I’ll likely buy another anyway though.

I put a blend 24 in the fridge tonight to pop next Saturday for the kiddo’s 1st bday. I’ll give the full breakdown from the people that taste it next to Bokke Pjassel.

Side note: I’m iso assemblage 91 bottles from the OBD sets. It was bottled the day before my kid was born. If I had paid attention I would have bought more at 3F for this reason alone and not the perzik blends

Assemblage 91 is on Etre right now...

So I’ve found the 2017 and 2018 Wilde Bosbessen to have tons of barnyard and tons of acid; I like them a lot but can’t drink too much or that level of acid so they’re definitely share type bottles for me, and I’m worried about them becoming totally undrinkable with time.

I had a 2019 bottle (375ml) last night that was very different in character, good amount of funk still but with vanilla and yogurt character. Equally delicious but more restrained in acid. I’m wondering if the batch is really different in character or if it’s just because I had this bottle younger than I tried previous batches and it will move in the same direction as the others.

Latest posts