Lambic Discussion Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Black label 4!

(Link to media)

Google translate says:

Black Label Edition ° 4 is here! From today you can taste it at the Horeca Expo in Ghent, soon at the beer trade and local shop.

This Oude Geuze is an assembly of one, two and three year old lambic aged in oak feeds. For Black Label, we always select lambic from feeds with a very high final fermentation rate, which ensures a dry finish. Each edition is a limited edition that we let mature in our bottle cellar for several years. Black Label Edition N ° 4 was roasted on November 29, 2017 and has already had 2 years to mature in ideal conditions in a bottle. Also typical of this Edition N ° 4 are the soft-sour notes of citrus and green apples as well as the strong sparkle.

Strong sparkle sounds about right... I like letting them de-gas in the glass a while so it’s not so expansive in my mouth.

While I didn't get a box this time and really would have liked one, it's still the right move. They should just release them a pack or two at a time randomly at the museum and call it good. They can't have that many left unsold, I wouldn't think.
That's what I would presume too; not much left from those sales. They might 'unpack' the remaining bottles and sell them straight away in the brewery (to go, or to drink there).

Latest posts