Lambic Discussion Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hello,

Thank you for your order and support in these difficult times! It’s really appreciated.

Unfortunately, bpost (Our logistics partner for international shipments) just announced that due to a reduced number of flights and reduced capacity, they won’t be able to deliver packages outside of Europe until further notice.
  • - We keep your order in our warehouse until bpost starts shipping internationally again.
  • - Or cancel and refund the entire order.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it is out of our hands.
We thank you for your patience and understanding!

Late check in from Q day, but this beer is drinking fantastic right now. It has that perfect balance of funk with grape notes throughout. If you want a great description ask wuntrikpony because he also drank a bottle and is much better at the whole descriptor/picture game.38315478-438A-4980-952E-7BD6D097AB75.jpeg
On another note, what’s the word with Divin lambic? I know it’s Grenache Nour grapes and melds wine and lambic, which is something I would love to try. Anyone know how I can get my hands on a bottle without chasing secondary? How have these been released so far? SeaWatchman have I missed this being posted on lambic.info?

On another note, what’s the word with Divin lambic? I know it’s Grenache Nour grapes and melds wine and lambic, which is something I would love to try. Anyone know how I can get my hands on a bottle without chasing secondary? How have these been released so far? @SeaWatchman have I missed this being posted on lambic.info?
I haven't created a page for it on the site yet, but there were at least two threads about it in the group. One just pointing out it exists and then a very detailed review in French from the winemaker who provided the grapes. That apparently drove some people from DDT to want to quit the FB group and offer dick tugs, so I guess they were angry? Label was designed by Ammo. The rear label was mis-translated and is wrong, so they're printing new ones. Bottled 22 Dec 2019.

It's not a co-ferment or anything, it's just the winemaker who provided the viognier grapes for the new Vigneronne also had these late harvest Grenache noir grapes and Jean took them. I haven't been able to get a straight number on bottles, it's between 700 (Jean's number) and 900 (Christophe's number) and it was split pretty evenly between the two of them. I don't think it will see any legitimate distro/takeaway from Cantillon, but I know some folks have gotten some out of the winery, so it might pop up in trades and/or secondary. Hopefully able to drink-in at the brewery when it opens back up again though!

I haven't created a page for it on the site yet, but there were at least two threads about it in the group. One just pointing out it exists and then a very detailed review in French from the winemaker who provided the grapes. That apparently drove some people from DDT to want to quit the FB group and offer dick tugs, so I guess they were angry? Label was designed by Ammo. The rear label was mis-translated and is wrong, so they're printing new ones. Bottled 22 Dec 2019.

It's not a co-ferment or anything, it's just the winemaker who provided the viognier grapes for the new Vigneronne also had these late harvest Grenache noir grapes and Jean took them. I haven't been able to get a straight number on bottles, it's between 700 (Jean's number) and 900 (Christophe's number) and it was split pretty evenly between the two of them. I don't think it will see any legitimate distro/takeaway from Cantillon, but I know some folks have gotten some out of the winery, so it might pop up in trades and/or secondary. Hopefully able to drink-in at the brewery when it opens back up again though!
Cool, thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Sounds fairly unobtainable at this point. Oh well.

Mikrobial

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Yeah gotta figure out who distributes Shelton in your area. Suck their dick for information.

Latest posts